Common Abbreviations

Thread: Common Abbreviations

Common Abbreviations

Hi Guys,

As was mentioned in a previous thread, there are a lot of abbreviations for concealed weapons permits. Here's a list I started. Feel free to add to it if you know of other commonly used abbreviations. Also, we can have a section of other abbreviations that are found on discussions, like BUG for back-up gun, BG for bad guy, etc.

Once I have a substantial list, I'll send it to Luke and see if he wants to put it up as a link somewhere on the site.

Common Firearms Abbreviations:
    CWP: concealed weapons permit
    CCP: concealed carry permit
    CFP: concealed firearm permit
    CHL: concealed handgun license
    CWL: concealed weapon license
    WCL: weapons carry license
    LCH: license to carry handgun
    CDWL: concealed deadly weapons license
    CPL: concealed pistol license
    CHP: concealed handgun permit

NY permits now may come with abbreviated restrictions. We always engaged in restriction stacking when doing permit services. We would advise clients to apply for a CCW permit for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, exercise walking, target, competition and carrying sums of money. The actual permit has a one inch space to list restrictions so many times the permit would just be "unrestricted." Worked well for a while. Now the state got wise to it and some counties are using the abbreviations (H, F, HIK, MB, EX, TAR, COMP, $$). Damn, had them fooled for a while.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

For the other ones....
    YMMV - Your mileage may vary... = experience

Psalm 82:3-5

New Mexico's is a CCL: Concealed Carry License.
    Charlie

SD: 1-Self Defense, 2-Sheep Dog
    SDAD: Sheep Dog Awareness Day, also known as "Wear you CCW Badge to work day".