Purchased Ruger LC9 What Ammo Would You Recommend For Personal Protection - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchased Ruger LC9 What Ammo Would You Recommend For Personal Protection

speer gold dot for sure. The critical defense is cool but the reviews I have seen show it does not shoot at the advertised feet per second and is not designed to shoot through walls, glass, etc. You never know what you will need it for and gold dot or corbin is a better way to go
    In God we trust

Hornady Critical Defense is the best possible ammo that you can run through your pistol. It has great penetration and expansion just what you need for personal defense. Try it, you can't go wrong.

First run 150 rounds of FMJ Ball ammo thru your LC9 -- then run 50 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense ammo thru it.
    You will really like the Hornady, shoots well, low muzzle flash, low recoil, accurate. I use Hornady Critical Defense in both my carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by chiroman View Post
    I use 9mm hollow point hydrashock ammo in my for daily carry.
    i agree with the hydra shock ammo. It expands on contact, and although this is more deadly, the primary reason I like it is that the "target" takes most of the kinetic force and the projectile is less likely to hit someone else. This is assuming that you can hit your target.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12