Wal-Mart Ammunition Sales
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Ammunition Sales

1. Wal-Mart Ammunition Sales

I was picking up a few things at the Wal-Mart located outside the Wisconsin Dells and noticed some good deals on ammo. .45 auto, 9MM, and .22 Stingers at really low prices. Tula .45 at $15.00 per box. Not great ammunition but not bad either. Anyway, checking out I was asked for ID. Since I was pretty obviously over 21, I asked why. The clerk, a nice guy who should have been in a fishing boat instead of working, told me it was to prevent sales to Illinois residents! I was surprised, to say the least. I told him that as far as I knew it wasn't illegal for out of state residents to buy ammo. He said it was company policy ONLY for Illinois residents. I was also asked if the ammo I bought was for rifles or pistols. I said all three could be fired out of both. Why the question? He told me that he honestly didn't know. If I had been an Illinois resident I probably would have raised a fuss. I know all about their stupid firearm owners cards, but how does that affect Wisconsin?

Wow, I've been buying .45 and .380 ammo from Walmart all summer and I have never been asked for ID or any of those questions. I'm guessing it is specific to the areas surrounding IL. Walmart needs to quit acting like they are part of the IL police force and take care of their customers...

I by Federal Ammo at Walmart here in Kansas and they most always ask the handgun/rifle question here. The reason being that you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo but you can buy rifle ammo at 18. As I am 57 I have no idea why they ask ... habit I guess ... one look would tell them that I am probably older than their dad :-)

I don't think I've ever been asked that up here in Minnesota !

Hmmm, here the guy just looks up at me and assumes I'm at least 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

They asked me that question for 12 ga slugs. Rifle or handgun sir? Um really, did you have to ask that? I said neither.

At my age(56) when anybody has to ID me I try to look at it as a compliment.

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee
    When asked for an ID, I get a big smile and say "thank you"
    Gary - Age 65
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

I'll have to check again at my local Wally World. But they haven't put any pistol ammo (except .22s) up for sale as yet.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Now when they ask me "rifle or handgun" I reply "Yes.". It always gets me a funny look. Kinda like the shotgun shell purchaser above.

Also if I'm buying .30-30 and your ask me if it is for a handgun? I've never seen a .30-30 handgun outside of a Thompson Contender.

The funny thng is when I was young enough for this to matter I always said rifle and then when home and loaded the .22lrs into my Ruger Single-Six.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast