Finally took the plunge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally took the plunge

Finally took the plunge

I've been considering a new gun purchase for a while. Well, the ever-intuitive Mrs. Tiger decided to give me a gift card to the local gun shop for our anniversary. So, I am now the proud owner of a Gen 4 Glock 22. I took it to the range this past weekend. It shoots well but I will have to get used to the trigger. It did shoot a 2-3" group offhand at about 10 yards with Winchester PDX.
    Last edited by SC Tiger; 08-27-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Enjoy I love my glock 19 I'm very accurate with it.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Congrats! Enjoy your new addition to the family!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Congrats!

Psalm 82:3-5

Wow! what a nice wife for giving you a gift card for "my" anniversary? I always think of anniversary as an "our"...hmmm...must be a typo..
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. I have loved my Glock 22!!! I have carried it for 13 years granted I dont have a Gen4 but I do have a new RTF in 40cal as well. Believe it or not but shoot that 40cal for a year and really really get use to the recoil and then pic up a Glock 45 and the recoil is actually less!!! This is because Glock makes their 45s heavier. It's actually a nice switch on the rancge at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Wow! what a nice wife for giving you a gift card for "my" anniversary? I always think of anniversary as an "our"...hmmm...must be a typo..
    You're right - typo. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo32 View Post
    I have loved my Glock 22!!! I have carried it for 13 years granted I dont have a Gen4 but I do have a new RTF in 40cal as well. Believe it or not but shoot that 40cal for a year and really really get use to the recoil and then pic up a Glock 45 and the recoil is actually less!!! This is because Glock makes their 45s heavier. It's actually a nice switch on the rancge at times.
    I tried the .45 but it is too big for my hands. Even the SF model didn't feel right.

JSDinTexas Guest
    There are always opinions, but don't let anyone fool you, the G22 is an excellent weapon: dependable, high mag round count, light (in comparison to other iron guns), accurate due to sight radius, proper caliber ... Well, I could go on about how it's designed for optimum efficiency, how you may need to check the barrel for wear after 10,000 rounds fired, lifetime warranty on the gun not the owner, how it's the FBI issue gun, gun of a million LEOs, used by a number of armies, how I have never had one fail ... Oh, did I mention I own a couple of them among other Glocks? And that I find it to be ranked as one of the best guns ever invented? Oh, oh, looks like my opinion is showing a bit.
    Enjoy!

I bought a g27gen4 last month. I have put over 600 rounds through mine with not a single issue. I am thinking about getting a g22 to add to the growing collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast