.380—What You Use to Fight Your Way to a Handgun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .380—What You Use to Fight Your Way to a Handgun

A 380 was my first weapon but after graduating up to 9mm and 40 cal I can't see going back to the 380! I still have my 380 but it has been relogated to the console in my car. Just in case someone may want to get in my face and start some mess!!

I have no use for a 380. 38+P is the smallest I am willing to carry and that is for backup. I don't care what I am waring I carry Two guns all day every day. That excuse for being better than the gun you left home, I don't leave my gun home unless it's a rare occasion like Jury Duty.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    In a bar one night, I saw a .380 drop a man like a bag of dirt. If that's what I'm carrying, I don't feel bad about it at all. With the ammo built today (I load my own) and proper shot placement, I'll feel confident enough.
    I've never seen anyone get shot, hope I never do. I bet it was something that left quite an impression tho. Did it change anything for you in terms of your preparedness to defend with a gun? Did it make things more "real" in that regard? What are your thoughts about that, if you don't mind? ...Maybe a good thread starter if you are so inclined?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

If .380 is your carry weapon I'd recomend loading it up with Remington Golden Sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I've never seen anyone get shot, hope I never do. I bet it was something that left quite an impression tho. Did it change anything for you in terms of your preparedness to defend with a gun? Did it make things more "real" in that regard? What are your thoughts about that, if you don't mind? ...Maybe a good thread starter if you are so inclined?
    Like you I have never actually seen anyone get shot although I have had some bullets miss me by only a few inches. However I have had a number of friends be shot and some die from the shots. You can say it is because of the community or area I was raised in or maybe around stupid people or whatever you want to but I have lost too many friends and relatives to "accidents" or other gun related incidents. I have also had too many to suffer and cause too many probles to dismiss it like some seem to do. I also know that these incidents have ranged from .177 caliber pellet guns to .30 caliber rifles and everthing in between. I have had a friend die from one .22 caliber pistol shot by his father. I don't make fun of any caliber and proclaim it as ineffective. They are all deadly. Some may have a higher probablility of fatality than others but all are deadly.

I agree with FN1910 about ALL CALIBERS being deadly it is that some are more deadly then others. It also has a hell of a lot to do with the shot placement and the number of rounds implanted on the intended target.

I have seen many shooting victums and have been involved in numerous shootings in my 9 1/2 year's in the Military and 25 year's the Police Department. I have seen people killed with the lowley .22 cal. and up to a .44 special along with a .357 Mag. and .45 Auto and everything in between from handgun's. I have seen killings with long gun's to include rifle's and shotguns as well as suicides.

Hell they all kill some just better and faster then others.
    Bill

A hit with a .380 does more damage than a miss with a hand grenade.

This is a good article, although it all comes down to shot placement no matter what caliber you use. I just do not see a .380 in my future for self defense, although, 20 years ago I said the same of the 9 mm and today I carry the 9mm.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

10. on the .380

Of course, if I KNEW I was going to be in a gun fight, I'd have my 12 guage pump and lot's of buck and ball, and if I could only have a handgun, it would likely be my .45, .357 of 9mm, but when only the little .380 will do for daily carry (light clothing or confort), I feel pretty well armed if the SHTF!

11. I don't carry a .380 but my son got one for his first carry gun. After helping him do some bullet tests, I have some confidence in the little gun. It will make a hole of adequate depth which is what I'm looking for. The high end HP ammo will expand and reach through the core but maybe not exit. No one WANTS to get shot with anything so the deterrent is there regardless of the cartridge size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast