Called NRA Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Called NRA Today

Yes, the renewals also piss me off. Got one a few days ago boldly marked "Check Enclosed". It was a check for $400 to cash when you gave them a couple of thousand for a lifetime membership. BS. I truly hate these direct marketing schemes.

Renewal statements started essentially when I joined, no information on expiration anywhere I can find. AARP just as bad. Magazines all used to have the last date of the subscription on the mailing labels so you knew how long you had. Many have simply stopped doing that.

Always want me to buy something or donate. A phone call from any organization is completely unacceptable. Especially the BS they start with that implies this is a service to you to call and want something from you. Like we are calling because we are concerned about your well being because you have not renewed your membership (which probably has at least a year to go).

And the NRA seems to believe that sending unrequested products and sending a bill with it is OK. USPS says - unsolicited goods are yours. No obligation to pay or return. And the the NRA repeatedly sends notices to pay or renew. Hopefully (or not) they are clever enough to try that more than once/person who simply will not play their game. It was a DVD with some relatively significant price. But cost of goods is probably less than $0.25 + bulk rate, non-profit postage. There ROI/unit is huge. So basically it is like what AOL did for so long. Send you a disk every few months with a free offer and hope the small percentage takes the offer.

People in marketing seem to feel that no line is uncrossable and anything can be done in the name of the marketing god.

Yes, the renewals also piss me off. Got one a few days ago boldly marked "Check Enclosed".&nbsp; It was a check for $400 to cash when you gave them a couple of thousand for a lifetime membership. BS. I truly hate these direct marketing schemes. <br><br>Renewal statements started essentially when I joined, no information on expiration anywhere I can find. AARP just as bad.<br><br>Always want me to buy something or donate. A phone call from any organization is completely unacceptable. Especially the BS they start with that implies this is a service to you to call and want something from you. Like we are calling because we are concerned about your well being because you have not renewed your membership (which probably has at least a year to go).<br><br>And the NRA seems to believe that sending unrequested products and sending a bill with it is OK. USPS says - unsolicited goods are yours.&nbsp; No obligation to pay or return. And the the NRA repeatedly sends notices to pay or renew. Hopefully (or not) they are clever enough to try that more than once/person who simply will not play their game. It was a DVD with some relatively significant price. But cost of goods is probably less than $0.25 + bulk rate, non-profit postage. There ROI/unit is huge. So basically it is like what AOL did for so long.&nbsp; Send you a disk every few months with a free offer and hope the small percentage takes the offer.<br><br>People in marketing seem to feel that no line is uncrossable and anything can be done in the name of the marketing god.<br><br><br>

I edited my post above and it wrecked the formatting. WTF?

While the NRA does have it's share of large "Bureaucracy" problems (like any other), it IS the largest gun "lobby" available to us at this time.

That the NRA tends to look at the big picture rather than the "problems" of the individual member, it comes with the terrain of large advocacy groups.

Ya pays your money and takes what you can get. I'd rather they be there than not. SOMEONE has to have a big enough "voice" to counter the anti-2nd Ammendment types, who, strangely enough, get all the "press" they want.

There ain't no such thing as perfection and no such thing as a free lunch.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    If you expect them to help you with any future legal problems; Forget It, but if you enjoy the constant solicitations of funds then you are going to love them.
    Tell that to Brian Aitken.

Don't feel bad I am an endowment and life member and I still get renewal notices.

lol they do get crazy with the notices, and spam-like emails and advertisements. The most anoying thing was when they recently sent me a hangun DVD and a bill for it, and asked that i kindly send it back if i didnt want it, but that i could not be charged either way because i did not order or request it, so i kept it and never replied, i feel like that was a shady move on them to send a movie and a bill for it randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    While the NRA does have it's share of large "Bureaucracy" problems (like any other), it IS the largest gun "lobby" available to us at this time.

That the NRA tends to look at the big picture rather than the "problems" of the individual member, it comes with the terrain of large advocacy groups.

Ya pays your money and takes what you can get. I'd rather they be there than not. SOMEONE has to have a big enough "voice" to counter the anti-2nd Ammendment types, who, strangely enough, get all the "press" they want.

There ain't no such thing as perfection and no such thing as a free lunch.

GG

I agree... NRA= 2nd amendment rights, period. I emailed last year requesting an explanation about Harry Reid and their support. The NRA doesn't care about any other issues except 2nd amendment stuff. If a Senator supports a large pro-NRA project like Reid did in Nevada, they don't care if he supports gay rights or is pro-abortion. They don't look at the big picture the way we do when choosing a candidate that aligns with our sensibilities rather it's either black or white with them--- pro-2nd amendment or not. Its that simple.

I had same issue as ( toocalm ) knew me for money, But who tha HE( double hockey sticks ) whem it came to legal help 35 years ago for hand gun issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12