New Shotgun: Mossberg 590A1 or Benelli SuperNova Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shotgun: Mossberg 590A1 or Benelli SuperNova Tactical

New Shotgun: Mossberg 590A1 or Benelli SuperNova Tactical

I am looking into getting a home defense shotgun in the next few months (plus shooting at the range), and I am looking into one of these two shotguns. I know the Mossberg is 8+1 and a 20" barrel while the Benelli is 3+1 and a 18.5" barrel. I am sure they are both good shotguns. Which one would you guys recommend and why?

Thank you.

I recently got the Mossberg 500 Persuader. Has an 18.5 inch barrel, comes with a full stock and a pistol grip in the box if you want to put that on instead. Its 5+1 and very good looking.

4. Have the Mossberg 5901A MilSpec with 5+1 18.5" barrel - LOVE the ghost ring sights. Same set up used by the Coast Guard for boarding parties. Use for both home defense and range. For home defense, First two out are game loads, next two 00 Buck, followed by two slugs....escalation of force for any situation. NO regrets at all with this purchase!

My Benelli M1 Super 90 tactical with 18.5 barrel is 8+1. I put a new stock with a butt stock AND a pistol grip.
    Charlie

Mossberg of course -- never fail.........
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Remington 870. Many, many, many, many years in production. A history of reliability. Most used by law enforcement. Oh, not a choice given in original post, sorry!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

+1 on the 870
    MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hal42 View Post
    Have the Mossberg 5901A MilSpec with 5+1 18.5" barrel - LOVE the ghost ring sights. Same set up used by the Coast Guard for boarding parties. Use for both home defense and range. For home defense, First two out are game loads, next two 00 Buck, followed by two slugs....escalation of force for any situation. NO regrets at all with this purchase!
    The 590A1 I am looking at is a 20" barrel, and it also has ghost ring sights. I heard good things about those sights. I was planning on just using 00 Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    My Benelli M1 Super 90 tactical with 18.5 barrel is 8+1. I put a new stock with a butt stock AND a pistol grip.
    The M1 is nice, but out of my price range. The SuperNova Tactical is the only Benelli in my price range which is a pity because the M4 looks great.

Since Benelli sold out Italian citizens by supporting the making illegal the sale of military look alike rifles, along with Pedersoli and two other Italian gun companies (Guns that they do not make)but are made by their American competitors, I would buy the Mossberg 590A1, a fine weapon in its own right.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast