Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights

Very nice article. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Very well written and thought out. Great advice to all!

4. I don't think I have heard a better post.

The only word I didn't see unless I missed it was "situational awareness". Basically to be used 24/7.
    More important than a weapon!
    If used correctly it is better than a weapon. That said I go nowhere without my Kimber.
    I read about and use the situational awareness and practice it as much as I practice my Kimber. Maybe more because I believe in my heart it is more important. I work hard not to put Me and mine in a shooting situation!!!

But that's just me
    Mike

Found at

seipsg.net

It was indeed a good article, however only the last sentence or two really discussed the most important point and even then it was not mentioned the way it should have been mentioned. Situational awareness is numero uno and an absolute precursor to anything about concealed carry. It is sort of mentioned in the article but not to the extent that it should. The article stresses the intricacies of actual CC and for that it is excellent. Never having to exercise any of the skills is a better method of protection than all the practice in the world. I am 69--I do not go where I can use common sense that tells me not to go there, I use common sense and do not decide to go shopping for chips or go to an ATM at 1 o'clock in the morning, I use common sense and do everything I can to park (especially at night) in a lighted trafficked area--etc etc. Never in those 69 years have the need for firearm use ever arose. Maybe I am lucky and maybe I am fortunate to live in nice areas etc, but I truly believe most of it has to do with knowing where I am and where I am going before I find myself in a bad situation. Hey ranger: Just saw your reply above mine and I guess we agree on things.

I agree with the situational awareness remarks, but other than that it was well said.

My wife was reading something by a former undercover FBI guy that is now a congressman from Staten island. He was suggesting things legislators can do to protect themselves and their staffs that would cost little or nothing and make quite an improvement. She busted out laughing and said "we already do this" when she read his recommendations about situational awareness, sitting to see the entrance, knowing where exits are, and so forth.

Fitch

I agree with the situational awareness remarks, but other than that it was well said.

My wife was reading something by a former undercover FBI guy that is now a congressman from Staten island. He was suggesting things legislators can do to protect themselves and their staffs that would cost little or nothing and make quite an improvement. She busted out laughing and said "we already do this" when she read his recommendations about situational awareness, sitting to see the entrance, knowing where exits are, and so forth.

Fitch

8. Very nice piece slanted towards convincing someone that concealed carry is the best method of carrying a personal firearm 100% of the time in 100% of circumstances and places, a view which I happen to disagree with.

Top shelf read....

I hope this reaches some if not all the Dirty Harrys otu there !!!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Crazy bird View Post
    I hope this reaches some if not all the Dirty Harrys otu there !!!!!
    You mean like this guy?

YouTube - Make my day Punk

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Very nice piece slanted towards convincing someone that concealed carry is the best method of carrying a personal firearm 100% of the time in 100% of circumstances and places, a view which I happen to disagree with.
    No kidding. Especially this part here;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaymen View Post
    ...When you fail to conceal your weapon it limits your options and can make you a target. If you are spotted by one of the local gun hating democrat soccer moms then you are a target for her scorn and possibly the local police if she calls to report a man with a gun. On the other hand, if a criminal hell-bent on committing a crime spots your weapon you are now an obstacle that can complicate his plans thus a target...
    Not only does this take an unsubstantiated and unsupported swipe at all open carriers, it also assumes that all Democrats are anti-gun as well. But I digress. I do however have a mostly rhetorical question.

Why does it seem that generally speaking, concealed carriers are absolutely certain that their way is the only way to carry? It's a mindset that I've never experienced with open carriers.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast