Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights

Navy_LT,

Thanks for the link. That document is awesome. Saved it to my HD for further study.

I'm not comfortable with open carry. Not for me. I've not seen anybody doing it that didn't have a badge on their belt next to the gun truth be told. But I sure appreciate the link, it has a bunch of useful data in it.

I think situational awareness is a huge factor in both avoidance and prevention, probably more than anything else.

Fitch

3. Quote Originally Posted by ranger351w View Post
    Be careful! It seems if you do not research the op's birthday and how long ago they posted you will be spanked! You even need to research if they have been on since who knows how long. How petty!
    Really. I responded to a post that was made yesterday by the original author of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger351w View Post
    It was a good site to but things being what they are I believe I shall bow out now. enjoy.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I think situational awareness is a huge factor in both avoidance and prevention, probably more than anything else.

Fitch
    I absolutely agree!

i admit i prefer concealed carry for many reasons already talked about. but i have open carried on a few occassions in rural settings. this subject has and will continue to be debated. but there is no way i think that open carry should be banned and the states that it is need to change their laws. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" at the same time states like maryland, california and others need to loosen up on concealed carry. i may not open carry much but to anybody who wants to thats your right and i will support it. please support me when i conceal carry

I think carry manner is and should be the choice of the individual, but every citizen within the law should be able to carry either way they chose. I also chose not to spend my money or my time in states where I have to depend on the police/sheriff, been robbed 3 times in my life and they were not in the area not their fault, but no protection or choices were available at those times.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    i admit i prefer concealed carry for many reasons already talked about. but i have open carried on a few occassions in rural settings. this subject has and will continue to be debated. but there is no way i think that open carry should be banned and the states that it is need to change their laws. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" at the same time states like maryland, california and others need to loosen up on concealed carry. i may not open carry much but to anybody who wants to thats your right and i will support it. please support me when i conceal carry
    Not a problem, I think they all should be constitutional carry states and with enough diligence, they will be.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Survival

I agree with most everyone else. Great read with great information. Thanks.

8. Is Taurus semi-auto handguns as reliable as GLOCK? Do they jam up/FTF often?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Epetrus1 View Post
    Is Taurus semi-auto handguns as reliable as GLOCK? Do they jam up/FTF often?
    Aside from the obvious need to have you not post this in a thread that deals with another subject altogether, I'd answer you "No", then "depends on the model". As for me, I'd rather get another Glock as I'd then get a cookie. Now, about those damn cookies, i STILL haven't gotton mine. ...MODERATOR, how the "H, E, double toothpicks" do I get my flipp'n cookie?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Possibly relevant.

I learned about the book "Just 2 Seconds" on a different forum a few days ago. The Author's website related to the book is here: https://just2seconds.org/

The book, was written for what he calls "Protectors", AKA Bodyguards, but there is a lot of information in it that might be useful in forming a personal philosophy on protecting one's self. I've read the excerpts I could download from his site, and will be ordering the book as soon as it is available on the Nook.

Meanwhile, one of his interesting points was related to when attacks happen. That they happen "now". His logic is more involved that I want to get into here, but I agree with the concept. My takeaway from what was available in the excerpts is reaffirmation, based on extensive study, that the fundamental tool of protection of one's self or others is quite simply being situationally aware. Being in the here and now, awake and alert to surroundings, not obliviously texting with tunes blasting in your ears (remarkably common) while out and about. It may be pedagogically verbose, or maybe even an unctuous elaboration of the obvious and I suppose that should be commonsense, but being alert seems to be a remarkably uncommon practice.

I don't have a link to it handy (edited to add this link http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne....php#item-6586 ) but recently there was a surveillance video of a woman going to her car in a parking lot completely oblivious while her attacker loitered across the lane from her, turning his back to passing cars, till she was distracted by putting her recent acquisitions in the back of her SUV. Then he launched his attack across the 12' to 15' that seperated them, took her purse at gunpoint and ran off. From the moment of initiation to his successful escape is not much more than 8 seconds. Had she been alert and suspicious of his behavior, she might have been able to take an action that made her a less appealing victim.

Fitch

Sounds like CWP101 to me. Very well illastrated for the Beginner & young person.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast