How many spare rounds to carry? - Page 11

View Poll Results: How many spare rounds do you carry?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll

15 6.58%
  • 1-5

10 4.39%
  • 6-10

56 24.56%
  • 11-15

49 21.49%
  • 16-20

34 14.91%
  • 20+

64 28.07%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: How many spare rounds to carry?

No matter where Im going, whether I am going to the grocery store or simply walking in my back yard, I carry at least 100 rounds of .40SW. With 15 round magazines, I carry 1 mag in my gun, 1 in my left pocket, 3 on my belt, 1 on my ankle, and 1 in my right pocket. When I open carry, I carry even more ammo because if I am going to deter crime, I need to really show that I am ready to defend myself with my 100+ rounds. If I conceal carry, I carry just a couple rounds less. I also keep a box of ammo in my back pocket just in case I need to reload. I also carry multiple speed loaders just in case I have to reload or if a speed loader breaks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    No matter where Im going, whether I am going to the grocery store or simply walking in my back yard, I carry at least 100 rounds of .40SW. With 15 round magazines, I carry 1 mag in my gun, 1 in my left pocket, 3 on my belt, 1 on my ankle, and 1 in my right pocket. When I open carry, I carry even more ammo because if I am going to deter crime, I need to really show that I am ready to defend myself with my 100+ rounds. If I conceal carry, I carry just a couple rounds less. I also keep a box of ammo in my back pocket just in case I need to reload. I also carry multiple speed loaders just in case I have to reload or if a speed loader breaks.
    I could never carry that many magazines. I'd lose at least one or two everyday. Why not just duct tape them to your shirt? You can be all "tactical" and have "bullet slowing down" armor at the same time.

I use 1911's exclusively. Day-to-day, I carry two spare mags. In a SHTF situation, I would carry six spares (enough for 50 rounds, if you count the already loaded mag and the cartridge that's already in the pipe). I also have seven magazines for each of my AR 15's (210 rounds total, on hand at any given time).

5. I carry a G26 with 11 rounds and a spare G19 magazine(15).I keep 33 round mags in each vehicle.
    Glock 19 Gen2,Glock G21 Gen 2.5,Glock 37,Glock 17 gen 4,Glock 26 gen 4,Glock 30,Ruger LC9,Ruger LCP,Walther PPQ,Caracal C,1938 S&W Terrier

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I must say - I'm impressed.

7. who said 1911? OK magazine!
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The 1911 styled pistol does not use "clips" to feed ammo, they all use a detachable magazine. AFAIK the only pistol that did use clips was the WWI era Mauser Broomhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:228649
    Lol funny how some just can't get over OC...even on threads that have nothing to do with it. Good job bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Lol funny how some just can't get over OC...even on threads that have nothing to do with it. Good job bud!
    Ha, thanks champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:229195
    Ha, thanks champ.
    :D welcome superstar

:D welcome superstar
    Your so kind, sport!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast