M&P 9mm how are they? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 9mm how are they?

1. The dead trigger issue has been corrected on newly produced guns. while I agree that you should try any gun that you plan on buying, coming from New York I know what you mean about having a tough time to get to try one. I
    have 2 M&P 9mm fullsize, one is my wifes, I have a full size 40 and compact 9mm and a 45 compact. They are great guns. The triggers are not perfect but I do not like the ergonomics or triggers on Glocks, Sigs are a tom of
    money, and many other guns for the cost can't compare. I love the M&P's and would buy another any time. Like stated above, lots of good guns out there. I can recommend the M&P but someown else may have a different opinion.

I bought it today took it to the range and I love it! The trigger travel is just like a glock IMO. It was short and felt really nice. I put about 50 rounds through it and shot pretty well.

This may be a stupid question but does the slide lock act as the slide release as well? Because it takes a son of a ***** amount of force to get it to release. I'm guessing because it's new is why but yea any answers?
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Own both the M&P45 duty size and the M&P40c... Carry the 40c most of the time in warm weather and the 45 in cool/cold weather. Installed the Apex AEK duty/carry kit in both of mine and a 9mm owned by a close friend. Install (for me) was easy. Been a mechanic/tinker for years... Being that I have MA compliant and M&Ps with trigger pulls at 10+ lbs it was a necessity... Worth the $$.. 5lbs now and the reset is 3/16"... Added Crimson Trace Laser Grips to both...

Took the M&P40c to Front Sight Firearms Training Facility in NV and completed the 4 day defensive handgun course with it. 700 rounds with one initial cleaning and lube... 0 failures or issues. Witnessed 2 Glocks have feeding issues on the line over the 4 days...

Have had no issues or failures with either of mine. My nephew Steve has one, nephew Alex also has one and my friend Scott has one. None have been a problem. Accuracy is a not an issue, At Front Sight we shot ragged hole drills at 5 and 7 yards... 1" groups possible if you do your part...

Have no fear...

M&P 9mm how are they?-6shootercarry-albums-pics-picture3087-m-p-family.jpg
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I just bought my m&p 9mm this past month, had the same hard time with the release. Asked the gunsmith, he said you have to pull back on the slide then release it, it apparently is supposed to be so that when you put a new mag in that it will chamber the round without error. Love mine, 70 rounds through first time out and no problems.

Congrats on the new firearm. I am interested in one myself.

As far as the slide release goes, I would just pull back on the slide to release.
    NRA Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor

7. Quote Originally Posted by DJS291983 View Post
    I just bought my m&p 9mm this past month, had the same hard time with the release. Asked the gunsmith, he said you have to pull back on the slide then release it, it apparently is supposed to be so that when you put a new mag in that it will chamber the round without error. Love mine, 70 rounds through first time out and no problems.
    Odd. My wife has the compact version and the slide release works easily. Design difference between the "c" and regular version?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12