Gun Store Aiming Pad Thingies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Store Aiming Pad Thingies

Gun Store Aiming Pad Thingies

I guess if G50 says "CCW neck chain holder thingies," I can say pad thingies.

Does anyone know what the aiming pads sometimes found behind the counter at gun stores are called, and where I might be able to get some?

3. Are you talking about a lead sled?

Safe place? I have seen that one advertise in guns and ammo.

goldwater, I'm not sure I know WHAT the heck I'm talking about. In another forum, someone mentioned a place to aim your gun while in a gun store. It sounded like a sand or lead-filled pad.

I'd probably call it a bench rest bag. They seem to range from little more than a sandbag to nice, complex mounts that just about hold everything for you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    goldwater, I'm not sure I know WHAT the heck I'm talking about. In another forum, someone mentioned a place to aim your gun while in a gun store. It sounded like a sand or lead-filled pad.
    I think there was a post on here somewhere and I think it's just a spot or target where you can aim to dry fire a gun when thinking of purchasing it.
    I could be off though. Do you have more context of the post?

Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    I think there was a post on here somewhere and I think it's just a spot or target where you can aim to dry fire a gun when thinking of purchasing it.
    I could be off though. Do you have more context of the post?

Originally Posted by macg19
    There was a news article posted here last week about a 23 year old guy who was demonstrating how the safety works to his friends by pointing the gun at his own head...guess how that turned out.

Gander Mountain has small backstops to aim at behind the counter, many stores don't have anything, they should all use these to create a SOP.

This was from a thread at defensive carry.com, called big fight at the gun store, or some such thing. Yes, what I'm looking for is something to aim and dry fire at, to catch those bullets than will never be in the gun.

Hey Localgirl,

Check it out...
    safe direction firearm safety ballistic containment systems

Is that what you were looking for?

It looks these things run $175-$300+ depending on how fancy you wanna get.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

10. Ok more than likely the backstop is a brick wall, or other solid surface, where they have a target to aim while dry firing.
    When going to a gun shop it's proper etiquette to ask them where to aim to dry fire the gun. They'll tell you where to aim and the target can be just about anything from a paper target to an animal head.

Oh, first ask if you CAN dry fire one of their guns, some shops don't like you doing it.

11. In my CCW class, they recommended using 5 thick phone books taped together or a 5 gallon bucket filled with sand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast