Is a Pistol or Revolver a "firearm"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a Pistol or Revolver a "firearm"?

1. Cool Is a Pistol or Revolver a "firearm"?

Definitions From THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT
    TITLE 26, UNITED STATES CODE, CHAPTER 53

SEC. 5845. Definitions
    For the purpose of this chapter -

(a) Firearm. - The term "firearm" means
    (1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
    (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
    (3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
    (4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches
    in length;
    (5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e);
    (6) a machinegun;
    (7)any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and
    (8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NewHampshire View Post
    Definitions From THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT
    TITLE 26, UNITED STATES CODE, CHAPTER 53

SEC. 5845. Definitions
    For the purpose of this chapter -

(a) Firearm. - The term "firearm" means
    (1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
    (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
    (3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
    (4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches
    in length;
    (5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e);
    (6) a machinegun;
    (7)any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and
    (8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.
    The bold part above is the important wording in this section.
    CHAPTER 53 - MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER
    FIREARMS is what they are defining.
    Different firearms, such as revolvers, would have a different section or chapter.

Yes, pistols and revolvers are "firearms" according to Title 18, Part I, Chapter 44, Sec. 921:

§ 921. Definitions
    (a) As used in this chapter—
    (3) The term “firearm” means
    (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
    (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
    (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
    (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Yup Both of you are correct!

6. Yes, correct that it is US CODE. But show me the LAW as it applies to me!
    The "Act of 1871" formed the corporation known as THE UNITED STATES. Note the capitalization, because it is important. This corporation, owned by foreign interests, moved right in and shoved the original "organic" version of the Constitution into a dusty corner. UNITED STATES CODE (note the capitalization, indicating the corporation, not the Republic) Title 28 3002 (15) (A) (B) (C). It is stated unequivocally that the UNITED STATES is a corporation.I refer to this as the "corporate empire of the UNITED STATES," which operates under Roman Civil Law outside of the Constitution. Congress is fully aware of this deception. You must be made aware that the members of Congress do NOT work for you and me. Rather, they work for the Corporation known as THE UNITED STATES.
    CODES and STATUTES are THEIR laws and guidelines that THEIR employees must follow. But we are not employees of the corporate UNITED STATES.

7. And as we are beginning to uncover and expose (based upon a recent North Carolina Court Case; The Unmasking of Maine….and Beyond) your local police are nothing more than rent-a-cop subcontractors! That's right, a private corporation. In the Rod-Class case the Attorney Generals Office on 3 separate occasions stated that the police dept. are subcontractors, and therefore the Court has no subject-matter jurisdiction.
    I ask the Attorney General...then why are you representing a private corporation in court? And if you're using OUR tax dollars to represent a private corporation...hmmm!? Unless of course...wait...please tell me YOUR office isn't a private corporation also !!

Quote Originally Posted by NewHampshire View Post
    Yes, correct that it is US CODE. But show me the LAW as it applies to me!
    The "Act of 1871" formed the corporation known as THE UNITED STATES. Note the capitalization, because it is important. This corporation, owned by foreign interests, moved right in and shoved the original "organic" version of the Constitution into a dusty corner. UNITED STATES CODE (note the capitalization, indicating the corporation, not the Republic) Title 28 3002 (15) (A) (B) (C). It is stated unequivocally that the UNITED STATES is a corporation.I refer to this as the "corporate empire of the UNITED STATES," which operates under Roman Civil Law outside of the Constitution. Congress is fully aware of this deception. You must be made aware that the members of Congress do NOT work for you and me. Rather, they work for the Corporation known as THE UNITED STATES.
    CODES and STATUTES are THEIR laws and guidelines that THEIR employees must follow. But we are not employees of the corporate UNITED STATES.

James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHampshire View Post
    I refer to this as the "corporate empire of the UNITED STATES," which operates under Roman Civil Law outside of the Constitution.
    There is no such thing as Roman Civil Law. The last vestiage of the Roman Empire is the Patriarch of Constantinople who is the nominal leader of the Orthodox Catholic Church and lives in Istanbul. After WWI with the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire, the Turks renamed Constantinople to Istanbul.

Ahhh, the Ottoman Empire. Now there was a kinder, gentler group. They never had the stigma of Slavery around their neck like the U.S.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I'm sorry....Does it matter whether you call it -- pistol or firearm -- if it fits in my jeans, inside or outside my waistband, I can even call it "weapon", MY weapon!
    (I am still wondering what happens to the smilies...)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast