Wanted: Your two cents' - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Your two cents'

Arthritis sometimes prevents my grasping a slide, so, several years ago I opted for revolvers...unless I was carrying a DA auto like my P239 or M39.

As others have said, you will carry the piece for a long time and you should be comfortable with and confident in the piece you carry.

Good luck, and, WELCOME TO THE TRIBE!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jerneedog View Post
    Well, without trying to persuade you to this gun and that gun, all those are great choices. I would go with the one you can afford, fits your hand, and functions well for you. Another thing to consider is, the method you plan to use to conceal. If you want to conceal in your pocket, IWB holster, OWB holster, or what have you, will make a difference.
    The holster I have been keeping my eye on is the "3speed" holster. You can youtube search it and see what its all about. They tailor the holster to your gun and have several presets for common guns such as those three I have mentioned. I am a larger guy 6'2" and 240lbs so I am pretty confident my stature will be able to conceal a firearm without much difficulty.

I did actually get a chance to shoot a Px4 subcompact today and I loved it- further cementing my desire for it. However, I don't want to jump to conclusions before I have a chance to shoot some others.

Like everyone said you have to shoot them to know how much you like it and then after you carry it you will know if it's the gun for you and then you will be looking a other guns because after your first you always want more
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Since you are a larger guy, ++ on trying first. The gun has to be accurate for you and concealable. After you find the gun, the holster is next. I prefer my CBST and XD combo. Works so good, sometimes I forget it is there.

Probably I would go for the Glock. I carry a XDm S&W 3.8 --- my choice, Light enough,
    but still packs a heavy punch. ( Try one before you get sold on the 3, though they are
    good choices also!)

7. Everybody has a favorite. I stuff a Ruger LCP in my left front pocket, 2 mags in the right front pocket. I carry a Kimber Custom Shop commander sized .45ACP on strong side right, using an AtomicDogHolsters custom rig, and carry 2 extra mags on left side. When I can't carry 2 guns, Ruger LCP goes in front right pocket. Paranoid? Nope, just prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:225919
    Quote Originally Posted by tmhouseknecht View Post
    Wanted: Your two cents'
    I'm sorry, but two cents is the only change I have left after this whole "hope and change" thing went into effect a few years ago...
    You're lucky...mine got snatched back during shock & awe....it's kind been aww, crap ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaxdsc View Post
    does the px4 subcompact storm have a rotating barrel like the full sized version of that gun?
    I am pretty sure that the compact PX4 has the rotating barrel, but don't think the subcompact does.

Quote Originally Posted by tmhouseknecht View Post
    The holster I have been keeping my eye on is the "3speed" holster. You can youtube search it and see what its all about. They tailor the holster to your gun and have several presets for common guns such as those three I have mentioned. I am a larger guy 6'2" and 240lbs so I am pretty confident my stature will be able to conceal a firearm without much difficulty.

I did actually get a chance to shoot a Px4 subcompact today and I loved it- further cementing my desire for it. However, I don't want to jump to conclusions before I have a chance to shoot some others.
    I have seen some videos on that holster, mainly this one:

Seems like it would be comfortable to use. If you get it, let us know how you like it.

I haven't shot a Px4 yet, will have to give them a try myself.

I have a new holster on it's way to me from Cleveland's Holsters. Bobby Cleveland is on this forum, that's how I found them.
    Cleveland's Holsters

Let us know which firearm you end up going with. I'm in the market for a pocket pistol now. I have been carrying a SW9VE (as this is the only handgun I currently have, so why not carry it?) and I want smaller sized pistol for pocket concealment.
    Still trying to narrow that choice down.
    NRA Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor

11. Don't limit yourself to only the three you mention but go to the range and fire all the ones they offer for rent to see just what each has to offer. There are some that will fit your needs and be from another maker. From my personal perspective I would steer clear of the Glock as it is and has been for a long time known to fire out of battery. There are a lot of Glock fans and even a lot of LEO's who are issued this brand but as I said they will fire out of battery and Glock knows this but as of yet has not addressed this very serious safety issue. For the sub compact .45's don't overlook the Para Ordnance handguns especially the Wart Hog line. But the bottom line is as I said go to the range and fire as many different makes and models as possible to find the one that WILL fill your needs. Best of luck and let us know what you end up buying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast