Good Guy wins again!

Thread: Good Guy wins again!

Good Guy wins again!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php/?nid=148&sid=2864560

Man shoots intruder

March 15th, 2008 @ 6:02pm

(KSL News) Police are commending a man who shot another man who broke into his apartment. It happened near 3800 South 700 West.
    The first sentence says it all. A few years ago it would have said , "Man arrested in home shooting." Times are changing!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Good for him.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Chalk one up for our side good to go!
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

That's great. You have to love someone being commended on taking out someone robbing his home.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Another story on this incident. http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...c-b885ae31bce0

This has been discussed on a Utah gun forum and was agreed he did well, but could have done a couple of things better like shooting the guy before his girlfriend was attacked as just having broken into the house is reason enough to stop the threat, shooting him more than once so we don't have to pay for his medical bills and trial, and I'd like to know the ammo he was using since it went through the bad guy and then through the wall of his apartment and the bad guy was able to carry on a conversation, bust through glass and run across the street before collapsing. Could definitely have turned out worse had he not been prepared or had his gun locked up with the ammo locked somewhere else . . .

7. Thumbs up The Good Guy!

It's about time the good guy wins! I hope to hear more of these stories in the near future!

Those news reports were quite different from each other. In any case, I'm glad the couple is ok. I hope criminals watch the news, maybe they will be discouraged from home burglarys when they see stories like this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

quote "What Larson didn't know was that the man carried a concealed weapons permit and had a gun."
    Maybe all of us CCW/CHL holders should have a plaque posted out side of our residence stating to all the BG's out there, something to the fact, "Owner Has Gun and Knows How to Use it."

...he says tounge-in-cheek.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

great news!!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    Another story on this incident. http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...c-b885ae31bce0

This has been discussed on a Utah gun forum and was agreed he did well, but could have done a couple of things better like shooting the guy before his girlfriend was attacked as just having broken into the house is reason enough to stop the threat, shooting him more than once so we don't have to pay for his medical bills and trial, and I'd like to know the ammo he was using since it went through the bad guy and then through the wall of his apartment and the bad guy was able to carry on a conversation, bust through glass and run across the street before collapsing. Could definitely have turned out worse had he not been prepared or had his gun locked up with the ammo locked somewhere else . . .
    Too bad the paper said (HE COULD FACE CHARGES).
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU