Handgun Stopping Power an Alternate Look from a different view - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handgun Stopping Power an Alternate Look from a different view

Like I said in another post,
    "No one likes to leak" :-)
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    While I agree with "armies never go into battle with pistols" I disagree....I have a 44mag that will make the statement incorrect....Matter of fact I'd say my 40 cal will take a person off there feet....
    As far as the war and hand guns, it's not just knock down, it's distance too. I'll put my M1 Garand .30-06 against your 44mag at 300 yards any day.

4. Interesting thread. I carried a 357 for better then 30 years but put more bad guys down with my pocket piece, a Walther PPK 9mm kurz (.380).

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Matter of fact I'd say my 40 cal will take a person off there feet....
    every action has an equal but opposite reaction. If you shoot it and it doesnt take you off your feet, it wont take what it hits off of their feet. Unless your meaning they will fall down because of death.

6. Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    No handguns have "knockdown power". This is why armies never go into battle with pistols only.

The best you can do with a pistol is hit em center mass (or in the face) and hope they go down.

The “Center Mass” Myth and Ending a Gunfight -Triggernometry

I agree. That's why I will strive to rely on multiple rounds of 00 buck from my Mossy 500 for HD instead of any handgun. Even then, a center mass shot is no guarantee you aren't going to get hit with return fire. Keep shooting until there's no movement and the heck with what the law might call 'overkill'. As the old cliched saying goes, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    As far as the war and hand guns, it's not just knock down, it's distance too. I'll put my M1 Garand .30-06 against your 44mag at 300 yards any day.
    And who would'nt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12