9mm won't protect you? - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm won't protect you?

Quote Originally Posted by sig p6 View Post
    I agree, with proper shot placement " center mass" and hp a 9mm will do the job just fine
    But if you want to make a really big hole, nothing works better than .45 ACP. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    On the other side of the story there is the tragic shooting in AZ where a woman was shot in the head. We do not know the end to that story but she seems to be recovering amazingly well. Well enough to go to DC and cast her vote.

Then there was the story about some idiot who shot himself in the forehead with his 9mm and talked to the medics all the way to the hospital. He was released no stupider than when he went in.

I would consider a 9mm for my wife is she decided to carry but might lean toward a 38 super. For myself it is 45 ACP all day every day.
    And of course the LEO who shot a BG four times thru the lungs with his 45. The BG proceeded to assault the LEO, taking him to the ground and was in the process of beating the LEO to death.

A passerby with a 9mm dispatched the thug with a shot to the head, and the LEO lived.

Yessirreee, the 45 is a magic death ray gun which even a hit to the pinky is instantly lethal. Those 9mm's are just puffballs for girls when compared to a REAL man's gun.

-Doc

4. Haha you tell em doc! As someone who never wants to be shot I can honestly say that if a gun was pointed at my head I wouldn't stop and think "oh its just a 380 ill be fine". A bullet is a frickin bullet! I had a friend shot by a stray 22 in the upper thigh, she almost died several times because it wouldn't heal/drain properly. That was also from roughly 50 yards away

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    And of course the LEO who shot a BG four times thru the lungs with his 45. The BG proceeded to assault the LEO, taking him to the ground and was in the process of beating the LEO to death.
    Got a link to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    But if you want to make a really big hole, nothing works better than .45 ACP. :)
    50AE, how's that work for ya?

practice practice practice, shot placement critical. I feel very proficient with my .17hmr, .22, .40, shotgun, and my compound bow. I really wouldnt want to be shot with either weapon. shot placement critical, practice practice practice.

I own handguns in .22, 38, .357mag, 9mm, and 45cal. I would not want to get hit anywhere on me, with any of them. To me the idea that the .45 cal is the only gun to carry, is way off base. Yes, a 45 does have more stopping power, but is it always needed. There are many deaths on the streets every year, and I'm sure they're not all using 45's. A good part of the worlds police and military use the 9mm, and I'm sure they have the records and studies to show why. The 9mm personal protection ammo is nothing to sneeze at. I sometimes carry a 45, and sometimes a 9mm. I don't feel any less safe carrying the 9mm. Remember, it was only a 22cal the killed Robert Kennedy. I like the 45, and think it's a fun gun to shoot, but I think it's need, has been over hyped. As a wise old shooter told me years ago in a discussion about best carry caliber, he said,
    "Son, remember nobody likes to leak".
    regards
    Ed

Bah, you have to make a compromise in a carry gun and it simply isn't practical to lug around a Desert Eagle in 50AE. A 9mm that you CAN carry is still better than a 50AE that you can't.

10. Quote Originally Posted by 50SR9 View Post
    Uhhh, me thinks me doesn't want shot with any of the above mentioned calibers. Any of the previously mentioned caliber will do the job if ya hit the spot. Carry what you prefer.
    I think I will agree with 50SR9 on this!!

I personally knew someone, and read stories of people killed by a single .22. I carry Hornady 9mm Critical Defense.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast