Need help with a question. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a question.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Interesting. Because that is not what my M&P Manual says. Page 11:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...l_10-30-10.pdf

If you read the M&P manual you will notice it says not to use reloads, also on page 11:

So, how many people do you think have ignored that one for years?

Reloads and +P ammo issues are slightly different. Using either will be contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations, however with the reloads, minimal danger is present provided that the reloads are done by a proficient person and done to factory specs as outlined in the user's manual. The higher powder charge in +P and greater ammo will almost definitely result in bad things happening.

Follow the recommendations in the user's manual, if you have any questions or doubt, contact the manufacturer directly (I prefer email for documentation purposes) to clarify any issues you may have.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

3. I can't speak for the s&w but I use the rounds in question +p in my H&K USP i bought this year and they perform wonderfully. Then again it's an H&K so nothing less is to be expected. I don't know if you were asking in regards to whether or not it will hurt your weapon or void the warranty.

4. There are so many options in 9mm ammo that you should be able to find something that works w/o stressing your gun. My caary pistol is rated for"any commercially produced ammo", but my choice of ammo is GoldDot 124 grain standard loads.
    If you really feel you need the extra umph, get a 357 Sig.

My Question is why do we need +P or +P+ in the first place? My own Opinion if I thought I was going to need a little more power I would go up in caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by F H View Post
    My Question is why do we need +P or +P+ in the first place? My own Opinion if I thought I was going to need a little more power I would go up in caliber.
    Variety is the spice of life. Why do we need "extra strength" pain medicines like "Tylenol"? It's good to have options. To go up in caliber, you would have to purchase another firearm. I'm sure that everyone will have their own reasons why this is not practical.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12