CCW Clothing
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Clothing

CCW Clothing

I am fairly new to USA Carry and wanted to ask about concealed clothing especially pants (long and short). Have seen some on the web but not sure what works. I am looking for both comfort and concealment. As I have gotten older the love handles have grown just a tad and am trying to find out if someone has good information on fit. I will be carrying a Glock 40 cal and also looking at a subcompact. Thanks for any info that will help.

Try the Concealed Carry and Handgun Gear and the Sponsor Announcements boards on this site! Usually some pretty good links in these and a great place to start...
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk has good stuff. Just be sure to call and check stock or you may be waiting for awhile!!

CCW - choosing what to wear

Quote Originally Posted by pf32450 View Post
    I am fairly new to USA Carry and wanted to ask about concealed clothing especially pants (long and short). Have seen some on the web but not sure what works. I am looking for both comfort and concealment. As I have gotten older the love handles have grown just a tad and am trying to find out if someone has good information on fit. I will be carrying a Glock 40 cal and also looking at a subcompact. Thanks for any info that will help.

I have been lucky in that I have not had to buy any "CCW clothes." I have purchased shirts that are more loose than what I used to wear, but that is pretty much the only concession I have had to make with my wardrobe to conceal a weapon every day.

Generally speaking, make a fist, and if you can fit your fist into the waistband of your shorts/pants, your gun will also fit.

Get a GUN BELT so your pants don't sag, and invest in a QUALITY HOLSTER (I have custom holsters from UBG Holsters, but I have heard nothing but GOOD about Crossbreed holsters for concealment).

Personally, I think the easiest place to hide the gun is just behind the hip, so that the grip hides in the curve of the spine. If you reach and bend a lot during the day, you may print a lot with the gun behind the hip--try appendix carry if that is the case.

Shirts should be more loose than fitted, and patterns hide the gun better than solids (generally speaking). For myself, I wear loose T-shirts and polo shirts in either solid white or solid black and people have been non-the-wiser.

Best of luck in finding a combination that works for you.

I carry daily either the Glock 27 or a full size Colt 1911. I have not had to change the size of my pants at all. Using the Crossbreed supertuck and a good gunbelt does the trick. The belt is only let out one notch to accomadate the IWB holster. Yes with age I also have some love handles but nothing to bad. LOL

Talking CCW Clothing

CCW Cape,
    CCW sash,
    CCW mask, because concealed means concealed,
    CCW headband,
    CCW Pimp Cane,

And of course,
    CCW Badge on one of those neck chain CCW Badge holder thingies.

All I did was buy a size large in my jeans and got a different style shirt. I bought every color of the izod polos and they cover great. They are a little longer in the back and drape very well. Nothing fancy and in the news paper I find 15%-25% off coupons at JCpenny so thats a plus.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    CCW Cape,
    CCW sash,
    CCW mask, because concealed means concealed,
    CCW headband,
    CCW Pimp Cane,

And of course,
    CCW Badge on one of those neck chain CCW Badge holder thingies.
    I thought the above was normal... Anyway, I've been looking for a CCW comunication wrist-watch to keep in touch with Control, in our fight against Chaos. Any ideas?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I carry two different ways. I use an IWB holster ( just happens to be Don Hume )I put my holster between my belt and pants.

I also have a kangaroocarry holster and it is a good working holster. I use an tee shirt and a button-up cowboy shirt over the top of my Tee shirt when I want to dress up for dinners out.

I am a older person of 69 years. I am not thin. I wear long tailed tee shirts for outing to places like the markets etc.

I get strange looks from the wanna be gang bangers, but never a word is said. I like my comfort, and security.

I get my long tailed shirts from Champs a sporting good type of clothing place.

I am the type of person that doesn't care what others think of when I dress up.

My protection is my goal. No one has ever figured out that I carry. I even challenged a sherriff that is my friend to try to see my firearm ( Glock 21 ) he said I wasn't carrying.

Be comfortable, and not to worry about others making you. They won't.
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

dont buy into the ccw clothing, all i did was buy a good holster (crossbreed supertuck) and a size bigger in shirts and pants/shorts. i wear cargo shorts anyways so the extra pockets come in handy, but dont go and blow a bunch of $$$ on ccw clothing when u dont need to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast