Food For Thought - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Food For Thought

I have always had a problem with that "ideal" of the absoluteness of the sanctity of human life.

To wit: I am suddenly confronted by a BG who, from his demeaner and armament, has already decided that MY life means nothing to him. Yet I am tasked by society to "treat him as well as I can"?

Thus, should I only wound him, rather than put him out permanently..... since he didn't damage me, chances are that he will be back on the streets in a few years, and I don't really expect his "mind set" of unconcern for human life will be improved by his incarceration. (VERY low probabilities, at any rate.) If I didn't "permanently" stop him and I found that he had killed someone else a few years later, how would I feel then?

So, as a result, my desire to permanently remove the trash from the streets MUST, by Law, be tempered with concern for the BG's life. A quandry, to be sure. Obviously can only be resolved through accuracy in your shooting.

"One in the eye is worth three in the thigh!" (If you get my drift.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Well said, Gunny!

The same applies to rapists and child molesters.
    With a 96% recidicism rate...... why do they get the revolving door treatment?

OR

In this county...... negotiated to a "misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance, fine $300".

Clear-cut cases require decisive actions.
    JMO

5. My uncle is a cop a here in Indiana and we were discussing self defense shootings via home invasion or attacks and his advice was to empty the magazine and say you were scared for your life and panicked. He said if they live they could sue the pants off of you. This was several years ago before we had castle doctrine (ours protects you from civil penalties as well) and before my joining the Marines and getting the best "how to" from training and combat deployments. and all the wonderful "user friendly" gun laws in this state. Point being the average Joe citizen wouldn't be charged with second degree murder. At least I'd sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    My uncle is a cop a here in Indiana and we were discussing self defense shootings via home invasion or attacks and his advice was to empty the magazine and say you were scared for your life and panicked. He said if they live they could sue the pants off of you. This was several years ago before we had castle doctrine (ours protects you from civil penalties as well) and before my joining the Marines and getting the best "how to" from training and combat deployments. and all the wonderful "user friendly" gun laws in this state. Point being the average Joe citizen wouldn't be charged with second degree murder. At least I'd sure hope not.
    (OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for advocating reckless spray and pray theories of shooting goes to Terminal Lance. Please come up on stage, give a brief acceptance speech and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

7. I'm glad to see you still have that crush on me G50. It's flattering. Those are the words if an LEO so I'll trust his experience in those situations. As much a you go on and on about badges I'm beginning to think you probably wear one yourself. You know like the bully in school that goes around calling everybody gay and fairy and ****, but is actually gay himself... Just sayin

8. Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    My uncle is a cop a here in Indiana and we were discussing self defense shootings via home invasion or attacks and his advice was to empty the magazine and say you were scared for your life and panicked.
    I'll bet your uncle also said that if you shoot the guy as he is running out the door and he happens to make it outside before expiring on your lawn that you should pull him back inside to make it look like you killed him while he was still in your house, right?

Know what happens to cops who lie to try to justify their actions?
    Pierce County deputies convicted of perjury; sentencing is Oct. 28 | Tacoma - The News Tribune
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. No he didn't but that type of stuff does happen a lot. Like I said this conversation took place before we got the castle doctrine and could face serious civil suits. He said once they exit the premises they're no longer a threat and you're in big trouble if you shoot them in the back.

Or how about this scenario. In the heat of the moment the defender fires three rounds. As they pull their weapon their vision goes into tunnel vision and they fire three rounds. The first round barely grazes the attackers rib cage and the other two rounds hit center mass and end the attackers life.

There is your .8th of a round. The graze.

Lol...it's an average. Just like in Vietnam they figured out that it took 50,000 rounds to kill one enemy combatant. I don't know if that statement is true or not, but it is widely quoted. That's quite an average. Better 2.8 rounds than 50,000 eh....lol.

Rick

"Panicked and emptied the gun?"

Your panic analogy clearly shows that the defensive shooter is incompetent and cannot control his actions.

That's the type of rhetoric that gives the anti-gun liberals reasoning to demand that NO ONE have a handgun or a defensive weapon.

The anti-gunners, quite rightly, don't want someone spraying bullets and hitting innocent bystanders. That's why I advocate TRAINING beyond "the minimum" and as I indicated earlier, shooting upwards.

The rest of the comments about "dragging them inside", etc., deliberately altering a "crime scene", will in 98% of the cases, get you an undetermined stay with "3 hots and a cot".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast