Food For Thought - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Food For Thought

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    That's why I advocate TRAINING beyond "the minimum" and as I indicated earlier, shooting upwards.
    Could you elaborate on "shooting upwards", please? I tried to look back on your previous posts and can't find what you mean.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg101 View Post

Lol...it's an average. Just like in Vietnam they figured out that it took 50,000 rounds to kill one enemy combatant. I don't know if that statement is true or not, but it is widely quoted. That's quite an average. Better 2.8 rounds than 50,000 eh....lol.

Rick
    VietNam can be stereotyped by the "kids with fully auto weapons" who sprayed wildly in the general direction of the enemy's supposed location. Until they learned to use "aimed fire" and conserve rounds, all they did was make themselves feel good by making a lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    "Panicked and emptied the gun?"

Your panic analogy clearly shows that the defensive shooter is incompetent and cannot control his actions.
    (OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for advocating sound tactics instead of reckless spray and pray theories of shooting goes to Gordon Shumway. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speech and pickup your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

JSDinTexas Guest

Oh? You think so?

A .22 going off with a miss will scare him off? Just the racking sound of a shotgun will scare them? Just producing a gun will deter the BG?

And I will tell you about the guy that was shot twice with a .38 and kept coming. He said he needed cigarettes and knew the shooter had some.

Decisions made, based on someone's opinion, will get you killed.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Don't stop now guys, this is better than watching UFC and I just made popcorn!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I just made popcorn!
    Once again, the sheepdogs ate all of it before I could got some.

8. This is pretty funny. After 20 years in law enf i never handled a self defense shooting. So out comes of such in leagal since i can not comment except from other case law. As a firearms instructor and a training officer i would train to stop the threat. What does that mean. A person stops using force when the threat is neutralized. Pretty simple it will apply to citizens as well. If i am in a leathal self defence situation and shoot, when the bad guy/girl can no longer hurt me i must stop my self defence as it is no longer needed.

Just my two cents.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345