Food For Thought
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food For Thought

Food For Thought

Looking for opinions!

I have read lots of publications on different types of bullet sizes, and the amount it takes to stop someone.

The average is a little over two shots according to statistics.

Now How in the heck can you shoot 2.8 bullets? or 2.3, or the such.

These reports are stupid. Ok they spout out numbers from tests of stopping another, however wouldn't it be better to say it takes three shots instead of 2.8?

I guess us older shooters just haven't figured out how to shoot that .8 bullet.

So the average stopping shots in my mind is THREE SHOTS.

Don't ever look for me to stop at two.

One more thing they don't say much about is where these shots land on the human body. Is it Three shots in the hand? or Three to the chest.

I guess those that write the statistics don't care much, because it only seems they are trying to say this shell is better then that one.

In my humble opinion! should I ever encounter a person and have to shoot him or her, I won't be counting shots. When my gun stops going bang! --- I will either reload, or see if the threat is finished.

That is my opinion! I don't care what someone carries, nor do I care what caliber it is.

Just do all you can to protect yourself, family, or whatever is necessary at the time.

Remember! make sure you are in eminent danger at the time, and that you reasonably fear for your life or another around you.

Carry safe and remember Caution is your best option.
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

3. Well since you're handing out some advice here's some for you!

Unloading your clip is a sure fire way to get 2nd degree murder!

Even a miss with a .22 is often efficient enough to stop a threat.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Not so in this state! I know a cop that shot a perp 27 times, and walked away. The reason!

He still had a gun in his hand, and just killed my friend, so I kept shooting till it was out of his hand.

I didn't want to be next!

No charge - You sir are in error!
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

If you perceive a threat to your life from an armed opponent there is no limit to the number of bullets you may expend to stop the threat. Initally you will get a double tap followed another to the brain cavity if you are still coming bullets will still be coming.

7. "Technically" the laws state use of necessary force in almost every state, however that never stops the police/da from charging you. Typically it will all fall under what was said and how much you choose to give away, but every time a firearm is used there is always that chance. Personally I'm 100% with you in that if my life's in danger I should think a bullet count wouldn't matter in a situation where your adrenaline is flowing and the only thought running through your mind is you or them, but with all the goofy law suits and trumped up charges I've seen in this country it wouldn't surprise me if "accidental murder by misuse of a deadly weapon" or some other silly charge was filed. Like that younger guy that got his sentence today, he was charged with that and was sentenced to 10 years jail, 10 years parole for shooting while 7 men were gonna attack him

I believe you shoot until the BG stops. That may be one shot. (I hope!) Perhaps 3 and possibly everything I have. I will never know until he / she doesn't stop.

Psalm 82:3-5

It may seem weird that the statistic comes out to an average of 2.8 bullets but its an average. This means that more times than not, it will take closer to 3 bullets than 2, but I dont think these statistics mean anything useful to any of us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Even a miss with a .22 is often efficient enough to stop a threat.
    I'm not in the business of training people to miss. If you have to shoot, make it count. I wouldn't advise carrying a .22, but you gotta dance with what you brung.

11. Quote Originally Posted by retiredman View Post
    Not so in this state! I know a cop that shot a perp 27 times, and walked away. The reason!

He still had a gun in his hand, and just killed my friend, so I kept shooting till it was out of his hand.

I didn't want to be next!

No charge - You sir are in error!
    And you REALLY think the same standards are applied to Joe Citizen?

Just one fine example:
    FREE JOHNNIE BECK
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast