Whats your thoughts on the pf-9?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your thoughts on the pf-9?

Whats your thoughts on the pf-9?

Just a thought I have for a smaller ccw... currently I have a Baby eagle semi-compact polymer 40 s&w which I love but a pf-9 is cheap with cheaper ammo and considerably smaller and I don't really wanna go with a .380 I know the whole get what you pay for etc... I've played with their rifles and was impressed with the bang per buck factor... just looking for range results and opinions ...

3. I also have the Jericho941/baby eagle sub compact 40. It completes me lol.

I have had numerous people recommend the pf-9 and the older 9mm kel-tec both for brutal reliability as well as smaller price footprint.

Let us know what you end up with.

4. I've had a pf-9 as 1 of my carry guns for a few years now. Very slim & light weight! The gun performs very reliably. not ammo picky at all. At the range, < 3" spread @ 25'. the only downside I've seen is the 7+1 capacity.

5. I had a pf9. I sold it because I decided against carrying. Bought a Mossberg 500 for home. Now I'm getting my permit in a month or so and ordered a Kahr CM9. I liked the pf9. I had the belt clip that screws on to the side of it. I put about 400 rounds through it with no hiccups. Great little gun.

I have a PF9 as my BUG and even as my primary if dress dictates. I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I generally practice at 15 yds or so and can easily get all rounds in 4-5 inches in a rapid manner. If I take my time that tightens up.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    See? That's why I love this forum. Lots of experience here and i've learned a lot!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Awesome info.... I think the thinness and bang per buck factor leaves me no reason not to add this to my arsenal and have a "Bigger Bug" from what I've read if you got a good one its solid ya hear of a few lemons but their warranty and service dept usually treat you right worst case thanks guys .....

I like my PF9 and carry it frequently.

Upside: Inexpensive, accurate, highly concealable, and reliable.
    Downside: Somewhat crude fit & finish, not a pleasant gun to shoot.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I have and carry a Kel-tec PF9 most of the time. I rotate it with a G36 anf a Ruger LCR.

But I can tell you the PF9 is my favorite to carry. very slim and excellent reliability.

One note.

Get the parkerized slide or the hard crome. The blue version is hard to keep from not rusting. It takes alot of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    I have and carry a Kel-tec PF9 most of the time. I rotate it with a G36 anf a Ruger LCR.

But I can tell you the PF9 is my favorite to carry. very slim and excellent reliability.

One note.

Get the parkerized slide or the hard crome. The blue version is hard to keep from not rusting. It takes alot of maintenance.
    I've got the hard chrome. Not a spot on it.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast