Church Carry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Church Carry

Church Carry

More and more, I'm seeing posts about carrying in church. Have they really become THAT dangerous? I agree that you should carry everywhere you are allowed by law. It just seems to me that many people are either carrying in church, or dying in church because they (or no one else) aren't carrying.

I'm glad I never set foot in one. I'll stick with crack-town.

Carrying in church, carrying in the shower---all the threads are out there. I understand what ifs and I understand being prepared etal but I cannot but think that paranoia is out there, at least with some of our forum members. Where in the world do all of you live and what do you do during your daily lives? I have said this before but I am 69 years old, living most of the time in NY/NJ, not exactly peaceful heaven, and have never come close to anything resembling the stories and threads that I read in this forum. Just hoping, I guess, that in the safety and impersonal confines of your computer room, there is room for exaggeration and embellishment.

It's illegal to carry in church in Missouri without the consent of the Pastor and or the govorning body.
    Police officers still need permission acording to my reading of the law.
    Friends help you move. Real Friends help you move bodies!

Hmmm...unless something happens conceal is conceal. If you are dressing up without your gun, you put yourself in danger when the IFs happens no matter where you go outside of your bathtub. If your gun is part of your daily wardrobe routine, does it matter whether you carry in church or at the shopping mall? It is good people carry in church nowadays and aware of it.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    It just seems to me that many people are either carrying in church, or dying in church because they (or no one else) aren't carrying.

I'm glad I never set foot in one. I'll stick with crack-town.

Most people see church as a place for saints to go to..
    And I guess some are..
    But a real church is a Hospital for people that are hurting..
    Sometimes the people that are hurting just don't get better (For lots of reasons) just like in a medical hospital..

As for setting foot in one... Sounds like you are Anti-religious.
    So am I..
    I just don't let that stand in the way of my relationship with God!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy:231111
    Most people see church as a place for saints to go to..
    And I guess some are..
    But a real church is a Hospital for people that are hurting..
    Sometimes the people that are hurting just don't get better (For lots of reasons) just like in a medical hospital..

As for setting foot in one... Sounds like you are Anti-religious.
    So am I..
    I just don't let that stand in the way of my relationship with God!!!
    Amen brother, and well said. Wish I could Like a post from my phone.

Not carrying in church "because nothing ever happens there" is like not wearing your seatbelt because you're a safe driver. Yes, churches are generally safe, but I've read reports of robberies even during services, right after offerings are collected.

8. I carry in church because I walk through some rougher parts of town to get to church. Despite where our building is we've only had one or two instances when a crackhead or otherwise unstable person started nosing around where he didn't belong, and considering one of the pastors is a cop and a husband/wife duo are both field agents for the FBI and regularly carry, I think things would have to go very south if *I* had to pull my gun.

Maybe I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist. Maybe I'm a fanatic. Maybe I'm just a realist. Whatever the case may be, I try to think like a criminal so I can be one step ahead. I try to look at every situation from the angle of "how could a criminal take advantage of this situation?" Most criminals are cowards who prey on the weak and defenseless. Church is a classic example of a place a criminal might assume that they could commit a crime with little chance of resistance, because they are usually filled with "nice" people, and nobody has knives or guns or anything else.

But church is just one example. There are many situations where carrying goes against the status quo. The important thing to remember is that the criminals know what the status quo is, too, and will use it to their advantage. So we choose. Do we fall in with the crowd and leave our defenses behind? Or do we maintain our right and duty as free citizens to protect ourselves and our loved ones?

I know what my choice is.

I run the children's programming for our church. I don't carry on Sundays because
    1. we have a security team with several of our guys carrying
    2. I have too many kids hugging me

now, when I'm there during the week and late in the evening...carry that baby!

I help my church's "accountant" count the contributions on Sunday and have never really thought about how easy it would be for a 'bad' guy to easily walk in and leave with several thousand in cash. I don't carry in church, maybe because I've always felt safe there. As stated before "how would a criminal take advantage of a situation?" state of mind can open your eyes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast