Personal Defense Ammunition - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal Defense Ammunition

1. All this thread is going to be is folks chiming in with their favorite brand of ammo.

Go to the range and find out what the GUN shoots best (most accuracy) and feeds with 100% reliability.

That is the load you need to use.

Handload by myself.

I have the same primary piece and it will eat through whatever you want to feed it... like jtg452 said, check 'em all out at the range and see what performs best for you.

5. I love power ball and critical defence can't decide on what I like the most

CCI Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, Glaser Pow-R-Ball, or Triton quik-shok

First,Practice a lot with several different brands and bullets weights..............
    then only YOU can decide what works best in your weapon.
    Then pratice more, you can never practicew enough.
    God Luck

8. Just try different ones and see what fits your needs. I use a .45 ACP at the range, and use federal hydra-shok because it has low recoil since its 165 gr.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    All this thread is going to be is folks chiming in with their favorite brand of ammo.

Go to the range and find out what the GUN shoots best (most accuracy) and feeds with 100% reliability.

That is the load you need to use.
    That is the right advice. ;-)

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    I personally believe that most of the major manufacturers self defense ammuntion will serve it's purpose. High end designer ammo is great but you'll pay the price. Buffalo Bore and Double Tap is among the spendy stuff and have worked well in my Berreta. It's definitely fun to shoot if you like that extra recoil kick (which is bad in a self defense situation unless one successfully trains with it regularly). I personally carry Winchester PDX - it cycles perfectly, fires every time, is accurate, and it's the current FBI load... which if I had to use it in a confrontation it certainly cannot be construed as "hopped up" ammo.
    Well said. The first sentence answered the original posters question completely and concisely.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Just make sure it cycles 100% of the time in the firearm you choose to carry. Modern self defense ammunition has come a long way in the last 25 or so years...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast