gun shopping is giving me anxiety!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun shopping is giving me anxiety!

1. gun shopping is giving me anxiety!

I have had MONTHS to make up my mind, and I thought I had. The ruger Sr9c. It seemed to be everything I wanted. Then I'm at the store and the glock 26 gen 3 was on sale for 399, so now I'm thinking the ruger is nice, but does any amount of nice compare to KNOWING your glock will go BANG when you need it too? Just an FYI I'm simply a 9mm person, and I considered the glock 19 but I can't find one around 400, which is my ball park. 500 is way to much.

So now I'm contemplating the glock and get back to my original idea which was to buy a piece that fits in my pocket. Db9? Now reliability becomes an issue again. Kahr cm9? Lovely piece but kahr seems so stiff to me. So now my head is spinning and I'm about to say screw it and buy an lcp and a mossberg and call it a day! Arg!

As you can obviously tell I'm not made of money and guns are hard to justify to my wife, I'm sure there are members here who feel my pain!

/end rant

Well i would go for the glock. Unless you feel its to big for cc. I carry an m&p full size and have no trouble concealing it.

4. I'm 6'3 240 in a rainy state, I'm sure I can find somewhere to tuck it haha.

5. Most likely what will happen is ill get the glock 26 and in a few months snag an lcp for those quick trips to the store. I never realized what went behind purchasing a gun up until now though, its like buying a car! Both need to be reliable and looks don't matter to much as long as it runs!

I carry the 26 every day it is a Great Gun and I have never had any issues with it, I do have an LCP (back up gun) which is a good gun but I'm debating on replacing it with the LC9, I also have a Ruger revolver (that I don't carry to big) Point is they are both good gun company's and make great guns, you just need to decide on which one fits your hand the best and shoots the best for you, go to the range rent them both and see which is the best for you.
    Good Luck

I have an SR9 and the SR9c is my next handgun purchase. Rugers are built to lastN made right here in America by Americans. And Ruger will donate to the NRA for every gun purchased.
    Besides, by now that Gef has already been sold.
    Friends help you move. Real Friends help you move bodies!

Hard to say what your choice will ultimately be when that money is burning in your pocket wanting to get out there to be spent. LOL
    My husband doesn't have to justify his purchases to me. If I don't like what he bought, so be it. You might find that your wife will be tolerant of the many things you want to buy or bought. You can discuss it (whatever it is you want to spend your money on...) but in reality, it is not "asking for permission". The fact that you discuss it with her is respect enough for your relationship with her. Besides, you are not buying a whole armoury, or are you? Sorry...can't help that last sentence, it was very tempting...<grin>
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom:233043
    Hard to say what your choice will ultimately be when that money is burning in your pocket wanting to get out there to be spent. LOL
    My husband doesn't have to justify his purchases to me. If I don't like what he bought, so be it. You might find that your wife will be tolerant of the many things you want to buy or bought. You can discuss it (whatever it is you want to spend your money on...) but in reality, it is not "asking for permission". The fact that you discuss it with her is respect enough for your relationship with her. Besides, you are not buying a whole armoury, or are you? Sorry...can't help that last sentence, it was very tempting...<grin>
    Besides it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :)

Go Glock. I like knowing that my right index finger is my safety.

How about a Ruger LC-9?
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast