Carry at Work - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry at Work

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
    In my state if you carry where it is posted not to you are breaking the law although I don't believe just breaking company policy would violate the law if it is not posted.
    Only place it was posted was in he employee handbook. I drove a heavy haul truck. My usual gross weight was right around 100,000 pounds. Sometimes my loads were worth over a million and I have hauled truckloads of laptops and loads of liquor. I carried when the law allowed.
    ScottF

Let's see, the rules at work say employeess can't carry a firearm while on duty. There are reasons for this. Probably liability. IMO the company would be entirely justified in terminating someone who cannot follow simple direction. If they can't be trusted to follow a simple rule, how can they be trusted at all? I wouldn't want anyone I can't trust to work with me.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Let's see, the rules at work say employeess can't carry a firearm while on duty. There are reasons for this. Probably liability. IMO the company would be entirely justified in terminating someone who cannot follow simple direction. If they can't be trusted to follow a simple rule, how can they be trusted at all? I wouldn't want anyone I can't trust to work with me.
    I was prepared for that and would not have had a gripe if they fired me. I thought my life was more valuable than my job. Now I am retired. My job is on the farm and I still carry.
    ScottF

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    My company, my building, my rules and my liability.
    IMHO only:
    ...If I worked for you you'd never know I carry. (A former employer of 8 yrs didn't) If I needed the gun to save my life at work then at least I'd be alive afterward to be yelled at by you and fired, and prosecuted by the DA if I broke any laws. That's a better option than following your rules or laws and getting killed. That is what it is despite any employers wishes or demands to the contrary. This is only my .02.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    If the company cant be trusted to allow an employee to carry something that may save their (and others lives) then THEY cant be trusted in anything else either......

7. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    If the company cant be trusted to allow an employee to carry something that may save their (and others lives) then THEY cant be trusted in anything else either......
    Make sense to me....and they are probably Liberal Cultist Democrats supporters as well.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

8. Quote Originally Posted by mncarrydude View Post
    Sorry if this has come up before, did a search and to no avail, can't find.

I'm in MN and work for a company that is nation wide with a no firearms policy. The question that I am asking (I do work three days a week where it is either a really bad area or bears) is "what's more important, my job or my life?"
    As for the 'bad area', carry the gun and keep you lips sealed. As for bears, I know of no adequate handguns for bears that could be conveniently be carried concealed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123