This is probably a stupid question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is probably a stupid question

1. Ok kiddo. You're right I should just expect and want a handled pistol because that's how car lots do it.

Well bud, the only way to get a gun that has not been handled is to call the manufacturer and ask them to sell you a gun directly that has not been touched while it was assembled, and was not test fired after it was assembled. But that is unrealistic.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    @FN1910 and tuts40...

Good points. Tuts you were right along my line of thinking. Problem is, I've never encountered a gun shop owner willing to discount the show model. Because then the next show model comes out of the box and IT gets discounted, and so on. I feel for the small businesses, but let me put this spin on it:

If it weren't so damned difficult and expensive in some states to simply own and operate a small business, their prices would be lower, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. I know you're not casting blame, but if we are looking for solutions (as opposed to gratuitous venting, which is fun) let's look to the lawmakers and burdensome workplace regulations that really are driving small businesses out of business.
    Well said. Let us pray we can get ObaMao and his cronies out so we can give small business a chance to grow again. As for me, I'm spelling that kind of relief H-E-R-M-A-N C-A-I-N.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

5. Funny story, went and bought a pf-9 today from good guys and he brought up a still boxed one up from the back without me even asking. When I told him I thought I was buying the demo he said "that would be pretty messed up".

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion:236088
    Funny story, went and bought a pf-9 today from good guys and he brought up a still boxed one up from the back without me even asking. When I told him I thought I was buying the demo he said "that would be pretty messed up".
    As I said, buying a gun--for whatever reason--is just different than buying other things, whether they be cars or home appliances. Don't know if I can put my finger on the reason, but it just is what it is. And it seems the retailers understand this as well. Realistically, once the shop accounts for the show models, there really is no further loss as long as they can keep their pricing competitive. And again, this is where our laws and regs need to be revamped. (*skip*...*skip*...*skip*...)

Hm, it's a gun. An inheritently very sturdy item. I am not real sure there is much to worry about there?

8. It's not a worry, like I've said a few times its the fact that you're spending 300-1500+ dollars on something. Especially the worth of a dollar these days its a big deal. Why this is an argument is beyond me its just a preferable option everyone should agree with if you had any self respect

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    It's not a worry, like I've said a few times its the fact that you're spending 300-1500+ dollars on something. Especially the worth of a dollar these days its a big deal. Why this is an argument is beyond me its just a preferable option everyone should agree with if you had any self respect
    No offense was intended, if you want a flawless gun for your money that is your right, of course. I just know that mine will be shot and will probably get a nick or scratch soon anyway so for me it would not be that big of an issue.

But we all could be like the fellow that was complaining about how long it took to get a new gun from the factory. It seemed he went in an decided on a certain very high dollar model that was on display but when the dealer said it was the only one he had he refused to take it but did allow the dealer to order him a "new" one from the factory. When the dealer called him to come pick it up he discovered that the box had been opened for the dealer to verify the serial number before he arrived. He was so upset about that he demended that the ealer order another one for him and not be opened before he arrived to pick it up.

His complaint that he was posting about was how long it took for the dealer to get a replacement for the one he refused.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234