Unique Personal Identiy Number (UPIN) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unique Personal Identiy Number (UPIN)

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    This is not a handgun permit it is to recieve a Unique Personal Identity Number so I am not delayed in obtaining firearms.
    Ah, you are in Florida, I overlooked that. Here in NC in order to buy handguns you have to have pistol purchase permits. They are easy and cheap to get. Once you have those you can buy handguns or longguns and you don't have to do the background check. If that's different in FL then never mind of course.

Here in NJ when you recieve your FID card they give you a UPIN or Federal Firearms ID # that is logged with BATF & NJSP. The card never expires, is good for life & the # is permanently referenced & conjoined with your finger prints.

In Texas you cc license allows you to buy firearms without a background check as you cc permit was already checked, having to get a second permit is a money grab, personal opinion is nobody should have to get a permit 2nd amendment is the permit, some states require you to have serial number of weapon, Texas does not. Have social security number, license number and cc license number they can find me if they want with those three items. Unless I go off grid which I can do.

Thumbs up

Update: Recieved Letter from USDOJ,FBI that they recieved my VAF: Voluntary Appeal File on 11/28/11 forwarded to NICS: National Crimminal Background Check System and that the current proccess time is 109 days approximately. Mailed it on the 11/18/11.
    I had to do the same and it took me around 115 days I believe to get it, that was early September. All set now, what a crazy ride for all of this..................

Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    I had to do the same and it took me around 115 days I believe to get it, that was early September. All set now, what a crazy ride for all of this..................
    Thanks for the support!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    In Texas you cc license allows you to buy firearms without a background check as you cc permit was already checked, having to get a second permit is a money grab, personal opinion is nobody should have to get a permit 2nd amendment is the permit, some states require you to have serial number of weapon, Texas does not. Have social security number, license number and cc license number they can find me if they want with those three items. Unless I go off grid which I can do.
    In Florida we are not subjected to LEO oversight!
    Oh does Teaxs still have two supreme courts or did Perry fail to clarify? roflmao. Oh I might be clueless and Obama is hmmmmm! Lot of cowpatties on all sides and we all spread the manure! Don't you think? It's all talk and no cash! Talk is what it is BS.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Sure you can trust Governments, Just ask a Native American or a Jewish person!
    My Father is Native American (Lakota) and instilled in his children a healthy distrust for Government!

Unfortunately we are tracked and unless you want to live another kinda of life you will be tracked and if you fall off the grid they will still keep looking for you. Sad but true.
    .... or issue you unemployment checks after you have resumed work. .... or issue you SS checks after you are long deceased.

In a universe of endless possibilities.... the probability is that ANYTHING can happen at least once. (... and the likelihood goes up from there!) LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

During my last firearm purchase they explained that the upin was only useful if you had a common name or were a victim of identity theft. They also explained that each person that had a Utah (resident?) ccw permit already had a daily background check run which was why they were able to skip that step of the purchase. Is that true of other states? Do they run frequent checks? I saw some anti gun propaganda the other day that said in other states a ccw holder could commit a felony and their permit would stay in force until they went to renew. I know it's propaganda but I thought I would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Laithe View Post
    Thats not really what your social security number is for. Though admittedly it is the simplest thing to use.
    I refuse to give the SS number to anyone unless they're reporting tax information. ID theft is easy because so many companies use your SS as a customer ID and then don't guard the data very well. I was once asked for my SS number by Verizon Wireless when getting a new cell phone contract. I gave them a fake.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast