Impairment - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you feel comfortable carrying after:

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • You have had 1-2 beers or 1 glass of wine?

8 38.10%
  • You have had 2+ beers, or 2+ glasses of wine?

3 14.29%
  • You are tired?

18 85.71%
  • You are exhausted from a work out?

13 61.90%
  • You are on prescription medication? (ie: Vicodin (Hydrocodone), Percocet (Oxycodone), etc)

9 42.86%
  • You are on over the counter medication? (ie: Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc)

17 80.95%
  • After you have drank caffeine? (ie: Coffee or soda)

19 90.48%
  • You have just smoked a cigarette?

7 33.33%
  • You are starting to feel smoking withdrawals? (if you decided to quit)

6 28.57%
  • You are not physically well enough to sprint 100 yards minimum and keep a sight picture aligned?

12 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impairment

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Navy,

Understood. Thank you for the additional thinking behind your previous statement(s), I understand now what you were trying to get across originally, and I agree with you.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I think that Navy has fairly explained his position. He and I have discussed this at length and people can read that post for more details.

I told Chen I would explain my other votes. I think being tired will be migrated by your adrenaline. Exhaustion from a workout will effect your aim more than your judgment but I am ok with it. The prescriptions I think don't need to be explained why no...it's obvious. The OTC you mentioned may thin your blood and reduce pain but will have no effect on carrying. Caffeine, I would be more concerned about someone coming down from a reliance on it to keep then awake over an expended period of time. It doesn't give me the jitters. I don't smoke so no opinion there. And people that aren't fit should conceal a long gun. That's legal right?

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40:235964
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    The only option that could be considered drunk has one vote. So no, it's not normal. :-)

I understand the sarcasm, but people jump straight to the extreme in a lot of debates.

Someone with 8 hours of sleep who has been awake for less than 18 hours, with 2 beers has a better mindset than some one with 7 hours of sleep and has been up for 19 hours, with no beer.

Facts and Stats : Drowsy Driving – Stay Alert, Arrive Alive

Edited; someone voted for the only option....why do I think it was tuts that voted there....
    I didn't vote. Why? The question itself versus the choices. What do I mean? The question is essentially asking for a "yes" or a "no" response for each choice. Example: "Do you feel comfortable carrying after you are tired?" A direct and concise answer would be a 'yes' or a 'no'. By selecting a choice with a check mark only, it would not be clear whether the responder is replying with a 'yes' or a 'no' to the question. Therefore, I did not vote.
    Good point lol. I was assuming it's, yes you feel comfortable if...

Did everyone else think it was a yes if you checked it?

You should have added an option for, do you carry after getting a head rush from inhaling the brasso fumes when polishing your CCW Badge.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You should have added an option for, do you carry after getting a head rush from inhaling the brasso fumes when polishing your CCW Badge.
    Actually, I never polish my badge. I try to remain "anonymous" when I CCW, so I conceal my CCW badge as well as the firearm and therefore nobody sees the badge. Why polish it? I also wear my "USA Carry" lapel pin on the inside, my SAF shirt inside out and my GOA hat with a patch over the logo. I mean, ya don't wanna give up your secrets!

"Brasso"... You are hinting at your elder status, eh? I used the stuff on my belt buckles when I was in the service decades ago!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Actually, I never polish my badge. I try to remain "anonymous" when I CCW, so I conceal my CCW badge as well as the firearm and therefore nobody sees the badge. Why polish it? I also wear my "USA Carry" lapel pin on the inside, my SAF shirt inside out and my GOA hat with a patch over the logo. I mean, ya don't wanna give up your secrets!

"Brasso"... You are hinting at your elder status, eh? I used the stuff on my belt buckles when I was in the service decades ago!
    CCW Masks because concealed means concealed.

At home I carry all the time, I am not hanging up my piece just because I had something to drink or took a pill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123