Impairment

View Poll Results: Do you feel comfortable carrying after:

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • You have had 1-2 beers or 1 glass of wine?

8 38.10%
  • You have had 2+ beers, or 2+ glasses of wine?

3 14.29%
  • You are tired?

18 85.71%
  • You are exhausted from a work out?

13 61.90%
  • You are on prescription medication? (ie: Vicodin (Hydrocodone), Percocet (Oxycodone), etc)

9 42.86%
  • You are on over the counter medication? (ie: Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc)

17 80.95%
  • After you have drank caffeine? (ie: Coffee or soda)

19 90.48%
  • You have just smoked a cigarette?

7 33.33%
  • You are starting to feel smoking withdrawals? (if you decided to quit)

6 28.57%
  • You are not physically well enough to sprint 100 yards minimum and keep a sight picture aligned?

12 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impairment

Impairment

I'M ADDICTED TO THESE POLLS.

Quick poll of impairments. Just interested in what the numbers are.

Yes, I feel comfortable carrying after:

I have had 1-2 beers or 1 glass of wine?

I have had 2+ beers, or 2+ glasses of wine?

I am tired?

I am exhausted from a work out?

I am on prescription medication? (ie: Vicodin (Hydrocodone), Percoc
    et (Oxycodone), etc)

I am on over the counter medication? (ie: Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc)

After I have drank caffeine? (ie: Coffee or soda)

I have just smoked a cigarette?

I am starting to feel smoking withdrawals? (if you decided to quit)

I am not physically well enough to sprint 100 yards minimum and keep a sight picture aligned? (understandable for those that have decided that flight is no longer an option at all (due to age, physical impairment, weight, etc), in which case this option does not include you obviously.

EDITED: Thanks you Tuts for pointing out a big mess up in the poll. I am assuming the poll was voted based on the recent changes in the OP.

I don't drink or smoke. My age & health forces me to take OTC and RX meds. But, I feel completely comfortable carrying at all times.

However, I do admit that sometimes "carrying" does get uncomfortable; especially after a long day. When this happens I head to the house, put on my sweats and "chillax".

I don't drink... So, not an option. If I am on medication stronger than asprin, I am in the hospital. I can run 100 yards, easily, but that is about it. (2 miles at a jog and I am done.) So, I am not running much farther than 100 yards, then I am gonna stop and get really ticked off.

Psalm 82:3-5

5. I don't smoke, so I'm an N/A on those.

"Prescription" medication is such a catch-all as to be difficult. For example, I have a prescription for ibuprofen, that I can accomplish the same dosage by just taking three Advil instead of two. In Oregon, Sudafed is now prescription. Do I feel comfortable while under the influence of those? Absolutely. Would I feel comfortable carrying under the influence of the cocktail of narcotic painkillers, muscle relaxants, and stimulants I take when my back acts up? Probably not - but if I'm in that condition, I'm likely stuck at home anyway.

I know, from direct testing, that 1-2 beers puts me at 0.01-0.02. (Although I've gained weight since then, so probably solidly below 0.02 now.)

The way I see it, in everything except self-caused true impairment (alcohol, drugs,) the other conditions are exactly when I want a firearm on me most. If I'm just leaving the gym, and am physically exhausted from it enough that it's hard to hold the sights on target, I'm probably also *EASY* prey to being a victim of violence should someone choose to. Not in condition to run away, not in condition to physically fight back. The firearm is then the last resort of safety.

All these selections doesn't suit me at all. I drink probably about once or twice a year with dinner on occasions or events but I rather do not. 'Don't smoke either so where is my choice?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Sudafed gives me such bad gas...it's horrible!!!!!!

I do not smoke or chew, if I have a drink I do not carry.

I don`t smoke or drink, I don`t drink coffee, and very little soda, and I only prescription medication when needed for a bad back and knees. I could probably run 100 yards, but that would be about it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sudafed gives me such bad gas...it's horrible!!!!!!
    In that case, be careful not to carry your spare magazines near the 'blasting area'.

Interesting results....:-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast