Dual citizenship??? please answer
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual citizenship??? please answer

1. Dual citizenship??? please answer

First of all, this may be in the wrong forum, i didnt see any better one though, so please redirect me if im wrong.

Now, i am Canadian, a proud canadian at that, but our gun laws are, well, crap to say the least. i was wondering what your laws are on dual citizenship? Would i be able to get dual citizenship and buy guns in america? or would i be stuck to going to gun ranges on vacations? obviously, im not going to get dual citizenship just so i can buy guns, it was just out of curiosity that me and a buddy had.

Thank you

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    How about moving to the U.S.? Not only can you be proud to be a citizen of and living in the country that keeps the rest of this continent safe via your military then, but you can own guns and shoot to your hearts content!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. Having dual-citizenship does not limit you in any way when it comes to owner, buying, possessing and using firearms. Only when you renounce your United States citizenship does it permanently affect you.

I have several friends that have dual-citizenship, and one that has dual-citizenship in Canada and he is not limited purchasing, possessing or owning firearms while in the United States. With that being said, they live here permanently and visit their home countries occasionally.

I have one friend that moved from England specifically because of the gun laws. If you do decide to become a United States citizen, I wish you the best of luck and with open arms.

I'm not totally sure about the dual thing, but what's being said here makes sense. Even legal aliens can buy and possess guns in the U.S. if they have maintained residency for ninety days and possess a valid hunting license (a concession, I think, for things like outfitted hunts).

6. Honestly, I live Canada and think their military tactics are better, but I've had to many arguememts with Americans i really don't wanna start another, also I'm only fifteen, so I'm not gonna become one, especially in the near future, it was mere curiosity, maybe when I'm Older ill think about, but it's a slim chance, I lOve Canada, just not it's gun laws, before 1995 we had good laws but after that, it's pretty much only hunting rifles, and some handguns for home protection.

7. But thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to America some day for a trip to the gun range tho, for the experience

US citizens in Canada are bound by the same gun laws that Canadians are. You would not be able to circumvent your laws just by having US citizenship. Some firearms that you purchased in the US (like pistols w/ a barrel length of less than 4") are banned outright in Canada so you wouldn't even be able to bring them home.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timmithy View Post
    Honestly, I live Canada and think their military tactics are better, but I've had to many arguememts with Americans i really don't wanna start another, also I'm only fifteen, so I'm not gonna become one, especially in the near future, it was mere curiosity, maybe when I'm Older ill think about, but it's a slim chance, I lOve Canada, just not it's gun laws, before 1995 we had good laws but after that, it's pretty much only hunting rifles, and some handguns for home protection.
    You are wise beyond your years. I'm curious tho as to where you obtained tactical data between our military's... If we removed our seal units, recon professionals, special forces and various clandestine units, I suppose we are very similar indeed, eh? No argument wanted by me either, but YOU did mention something about military tactical superiority. Just be glad you are not living in France!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

At 15? Good thought process

I lived in Canada for 40 years, England till 1965, left at age 30, went to Australia till 1968, then to Canada, till 2003, now a US Citizen, with Brit Passport/Canadian passport. My Son was a Citizen when I came down here, that is how I obtained my Green Card, then 5 years later my Citizenship.

Ontario has a basic 6 month winter, Florida, NOT, no Snow! I will be 76 YOA this month, carry a Glock 19 9mm Pistol every day. You are more free in the US of A, than any other Country in the World.

The comments on the Canadian Military being better than the US? Bit of a strech that. My Stepson served 25 years in the Canadian Armed Forces, now retired.

One thing I would urge you to do, when you get a little older, travel.

Grow straight, never smoke.

The Canadian Military, eh, is a fine establishment IMHO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast