Gun Owners Bill Stamp

Thread: Gun Owners Bill Stamp

Gun Owners Bill Stamp

Here's something I can across today surfing around the internet. Pretty cool although I've never seen one on any bills I've got. Has anyone here gotten one before?

Gun Owners Bill Stamp-gun-owner-dollar-bill.jpg

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I've seen similar stamps before. Where's George was the first. I've seen stamps for gays and other groups, and it's usually intended to raise awareness for a local event like a convention, to show locals how much money a particular group brings in.

It is perfectly legal to mark bills this way, as long as you're not making the bill illegible.

4. ooppps

It is a fed.law you can not deface or in any way mark,cut,tear,or write on any u.s.paper money

Quote Originally Posted by tflndn View Post
    It is a fed.law you can not deface or in any way mark,cut,tear,or write on any u.s.paper money
    Sigh. No, not really. See, I actually bothered to research this before I posted. I've been a member of Where's george for a while now, too. That's where I found this link:

U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing - Historical Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by US Bureau of Engraving
    Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    I marked the important phrase for you. As long as the bill is still legible (able to be read), you're fine.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

That is very interesting...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by tflndn View Post
    So by that logic using one of those counterfit detecting bill markers is illegal.