Mishap at Emergency Room - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mishap at Emergency Room

A well handled situation by the owner and the hospital administrator.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

All's well that ended well. I am glad you kept your cool, too. I for one, admire you for that. Now, apart from being taken cared of at the hospital, how is your little girl going now???
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I 2 am glad it worked out But had you had a Glock your gun would have not gotten broken SAD BUT TRUE

My little Khloe is much better, thank you for asking Much Appreciated

Hospitol is located in South Buffalo,New York

Not a 1911 owner...can they actually fire if dropped when loaded? Guess it depends what condition you carry in (i.e. hammer back or down). Does the safety block the firing pin or just prevent trigger travel? Just curious.

Providence ranch,

Good question it would be pretty hard to discharge a round when dropped due to safety, and the grip safety. the safety does not block firing pin just as you said it prevents trigger travel

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    My little Khloe is much better, thank you for asking Much Appreciated
    Glad to know....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter:237176
    Providence ranch,

Good question it would be pretty hard to discharge a round when dropped due to safety, and the grip safety. the safety does not block firing pin just as you said it prevents trigger travel
    Ah...so assuming we have a floating firing pin, and we are carrying in Condition 1, a drop muzzle down onto a hard surface might produce a discharge. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with established gun rules. Its the area we live in. I locked my keys in my car and had to wait for my girlfriend to get out of class. Buff state wouldn't allow me to wait on campus because of their "no weapons policy." (I was in uniform and had my duty weapon on me.) Security said they had no safe place to store it... So I get to sit in the cold!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast