You own glocks... want a cookie? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: You own glocks... want a cookie?

I sometimes carry a Beretta 85 FS in .380 (in fact, it is what is with me now). When the safety is engaged, the hammer drops to half cock and the trigger is disconnected. In the extremely unlikely event that the safety does disengage all by itself (it really snaps into place), one still has to overcome a rather hefty double action pull to fire the pistol. The pull is much higher than the 5.5# Glock, approaching that of my Smith & Wesson M-36. I carry it in a shirt that has a pocket for a pistol, and sometimes in an interior pocket in my coat. There is no room for a holster, not even a Nemisis (which I prefer for pocket carry, btw). Words like ALWAYS and NEVER are usually not accurate, and I often tend to dismiss the advice of those that use them. While one USUALLY should not carry without a holster, there are SOME times when one can carry without one if they know what they are doing.

Would someone please get it into their head,
    when averring "I prefer ......... instead!"
    While convictions for Glocks
    seem as solid as rocks,
    other weapons can make you just as dead.

Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I love glocks!!!

Took a Glock 31 (.357) to a tactical course and ran 2000+ rounds thru her, and not one hiccup, not one at all. Can't say that for my Sig or Kimber. It's not pretty with all that nickel plate stuff! It's cheap, plastic and ugly! IT WORKS!!

It's like a car that always starts. Ever had one of those??

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900:239269
    Took a Glock 31 (.357) to a tactical course and ran 2000+ rounds thru her, and not one hiccup, not one at all. Can't say that for my Sig or Kimber. It's not pretty with all that nickel plate stuff! It's cheap, plastic and ugly! IT WORKS!!

It's like a car that always starts. Ever had one of those??
    Unfortunately no.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I sometimes carry a Beretta 85 FS in .380 (in fact, it is what is with me now). When the safety is engaged, the hammer drops to half cock and the trigger is disconnected. In the extremely unlikely event that the safety does disengage all by itself (it really snaps into place), one still has to overcome a rather hefty double action pull to fire the pistol. The pull is much higher than the 5.5# Glock, approaching that of my Smith & Wesson M-36. I carry it in a shirt that has a pocket for a pistol, and sometimes in an interior pocket in my coat. There is no room for a holster, not even a Nemisis (which I prefer for pocket carry, btw). Words like ALWAYS and NEVER are usually not accurate, and I often tend to dismiss the advice of those that use them. While one USUALLY should not carry without a holster, there are SOME times when one can carry without one if they know what they are doing.
    carrying a gun in your pocket, with no holster, is an accident looking for a place to happen.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Cant use a glock

Im a lefty and even after I explain that the mag release pokes me in the hand the saleman STILL tries to sell me a glock. It always takes me holding a glock and showing the,that I am not holding it wrong to get them to get off it. Plus, I just think they are ugly.

I've had many autos, including Glocks. IMO they all shoot well, I simply prefer single action only.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

I'll take a cookie.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From a Marine Sniper -- "you can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

AGRIP - Just FYI, I am a lefty and have a G26 Gen4. Mag release is ambidextrous so it shouldn't be a problem. Can't help you with the "ugly" part.

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    Im a lefty and even after I explain that the mag release pokes me in the hand the saleman STILL tries to sell me a glock. It always takes me holding a glock and showing the,that I am not holding it wrong to get them to get off it. Plus, I just think they are ugly.
    I'm a lefty. I operate the mag release with my trigger finger. I also carve the corners of the mag release with a pocket knife
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast