You own glocks... want a cookie? - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: You own glocks... want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl:237294
    I found my own cookie, dammit.
    Did you find a hole in it cuz i shot a few with my crooked sighted HK

3. If all I was going to shoot was DA I wouldn't have any auto at all. I'd carry my Colt Python and a pocket of speed loaders and be done with it. If Glock made a DA/SA, I might actually like the thing even if it is butt ugly. I guess I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S:237221
    It can go both ways also. I don't push Glocks on anyone. I also don't like being stereotyped in the "all Glock owners" category either. I wish people would stop making such broad statements. I also don't like when someone feels the need to tell why they don't have a Glock and how much they despise them. I don't really care why someone buys one thing over another. I am happy with my purchase. We shoot what we shoot... let's move on.
    Thats telling em! !

Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766:237117
    I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....
    Really don't care what you carry or what your "groups" look like...shoot what you want!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I don't like Glocks. They are ugly. The trigger is horrible. The balance it not good. They do not feel as good in my hand as a CZ-75B. They are not as reliable as a revolver when it comes to crappy ammunition. They do not have a safety to keep the thing from going off when it is in my pocket.

I carry a Glock. Why? They are well made, accurate in my hands, and the only thing that I have to do is draw and pull the trigger. A good holster can be found for one anywhere. There are almost no repairs that cannot be done by the shooter (with minimal skill). They carry lots of ammo for their size.

There is no such thing as a perfect gun. There are perfect idiots who think that there is such a thing, but I dismiss them. I am the weapon. The pistol is just a tool that I use. The glock is simply a tool, and a good tool. If I want to show a gun off, I have a highly polished CZ for that. If I want to carry a gun in my pocket, I have a Beretta .380 and several Smith & Wesson revolvers for that. If I am carrying in other conditions than the above (90% of the time), I am carrying a Glock. What are you carrying? I could not care less. Sit on your cookie and rotate.
    Be careful tho when rotating with the Glock in your pocket, they are known for "going off" whenever they feel they want! Seriously tho, because of the trigger safety, I'm told, a Glock or similar gun is less likely to be negligently discharged in a pocket or elsewhere than a revolver. Would that be a fair statement?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Be careful tho when rotating with the Glock in your pocket, they are known for "going off" whenever they feel they want! Seriously tho, because of the trigger safety, I'm told, a Glock or similar gun is less likely to be negligently discharged in a pocket or elsewhere than a revolver. Would that be a fair statement?
    Negative! A holster is critical when carrying ANY handgun. Protecting the trigger is a basic safety practice that should never be compromised. There are numerous manufacturers that make a variety of holsters for various applications. When carrying ANY handgun, USE A HOLSTER!
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Brand whores... :)

To motorcycle brand whores I say:

"It's not WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride." Or sometimes just "Shut the f... up and ride."

So I guess to firearm brand whores I would say:

"It's not WHAT you carry it's THAT you carry." Or maybe simply "Shut the f... up and try not to print."

:)
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

I bought a Glock and a Mini 14, 9 years ago havn't shot either one yet. Have no opinion on the Glock as I haven't shot any, bought it from a retired DEA agent. He swore by it. I bought, because it was a good price and I figure it would fare well on my boat. Since sold boat. Maybe I will shoot it this year or maybe just trade it for a Sig P 238 SAS for the wife that she liked.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

"want a cookie?"... then you start out by saying about not bashing Glock owners... haha.... oooooooook.

Well, I'll put me and my M1A1 tank up against your M&P 45 any day... haha. Is this a Jr High thread?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast