You own glocks... want a cookie? - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: You own glocks... want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766 View Post
    I don't bash them I just don't like them ... I've shot them they aren't for me its that simple... why does it seem every glock owner I know acts like a car salesman or is it because they need to constantly justify their purchase? Again this isn't a bash some are quality and work well for some ... go ahead sing their praise just please stop trying to sell me on one.. and worry about who has tighter groupings....
    I bought my Glock because of the reliability, plus it's a good shooter. However, I realize it isn't the only reliable, good-shooting handgun out there. To each his own.

Glocks and 1911s are polarizing pistols for some reason. I've shot both, like both, but 1911s (the ones I would want anyway) don't fit in my budget right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40:238251
    I took a break from doing yard work and read EVERY post in this thread noting the deviations, the nuances, direct insults along with the more subtle shots as well as the completely random posts like this one. So, may I please get my flipp'n cookie?
    Oh tuts lmfao ... .. maybe I should just go buy a glock just so i can keep all the cookies... ;-) they'd go good with my coffee bout now...

I'll have a mint oreo please. (my 2 black Glocks with 1 OD filling)

I will recommend them, but by all means I don't want to be that responsible for something as personal as a firearm. Like what you like! Chevy, Ford, Dodge, it's all good.

Футболки и ма&

Футболки с рисунками и надписями.
    Прикольные футболки и майки.
    Для тебя, для друзей, для всех.
    Заходи, выбирай, покупай.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I believe he is referring to a 6 inch naval gun you find on a destroyer. 45 caliber not the .45 you find in a handgun.
    Actually, it's a Battleship gun. Put one on a Tin Can and you'd either roll the ship over or break the keel. And yes, it is 16"~ ID barrel that is 45 or 50 times the ID long. Most guns on ships now max out at 5"/62 Caliber. United States of America Naval Guns

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Be careful tho when rotating with the Glock in your pocket, they are known for "going off" whenever they feel they want! Seriously tho, because of the trigger safety, I'm told, a Glock or similar gun is less likely to be negligently discharged in a pocket or elsewhere than a revolver. Would that be a fair statement?
    No. A Glock should not be carried in anything other than a holster. There really is no "trigger safety" on a glock, just a little lever that needs to be pushed back with no effort what so ever. After that, it is five pounds and boom. Granted, this cannot happen unless the trigger is pulled back somehow, so I don't worry about this being a common occurence. It is not. I am more worried about the pistol being fired by something that I snagged against with it in my pocket. This is far less likely with a revolver and its 11+ pound trigger pull, or a pistol that has a real safety that can be engaged to block the trigger and / or hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    No. A Glock should not be carried in anything other than a holster. There really is no "trigger safety" on a glock, just a little lever that needs to be pushed back with no effort what so ever. After that, it is five pounds and boom. Granted, this cannot happen unless the trigger is pulled back somehow, so I don't worry about this being a common occurence. It is not. I am more worried about the pistol being fired by something that I snagged against with it in my pocket. This is far less likely with a revolver and its 11+ pound trigger pull, or a pistol that has a real safety that can be engaged to block the trigger and / or hammer.

A safety is a mechanical device, which should never be used as a substitute for safe firearms handling. Use it, but NEVER trust it to prevent a firearm from firing. Mechanical devices (like the safety on a firearm) can fail, and have failed in the past.

As I stated in an earlier post, ANY handgun carried for self defense should be in a good quality holster. Doesn't matter who makes the gun, ALWAYS use a holster when carrying a handgun to prevent negligent discharges.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I believe he is referring to a 6 inch naval gun you find on a destroyer. 45 caliber not the .45 you find in a handgun.
    Uhh, coming from the Tin Can Navy, I can tell you that your referring to the 5"/54 LWGS. None of the destroyers carry a 6" gun. The newest have started getting a 5"/62 (I may be mistaken on the last number) allowing our FireControlmen (that is a Navy rate) to reach out and touch bad guys at a longer range. I can state, from personal experience, that this gun mount will render a M1A1 inoperable by delivering 70lbs of high explosives accurately.

Now as far as this particular thread is concerned, GUN OWNERS are starting to piss me off,

I open carry so Im better
    No, Im better because I CC
    NO, I carry a glock so Im better
    No, my (brand name) is better
    No, Im better because I carry (insert caliber)
    NO, your all stupid and worthless unless you have spent the entire year at (training facility)
    Hand to hand is better
    No, my holster is

How about we all play a game of hide and go F$ck ourselves untill we remember one simple fact. We carry for our own reasons. If I see some jackwagon trying to rape a little girl Im going to stop that threat. If your there beside me I wont care if you have a Glock, a 1911, Kimber, Taurus, or a freaking ROCK, as long as your there to help. If Im sitting in an IHOP (Carson City anyone?) I really wont care when tons o'fun walks in shooting what your there with, I will be glad that I have someone else there returning fire as well. I wont stop and say "Oh, you only have a ....... and your carrying ........ so I guess we are all screwed"
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

I agree with Daniel, funny but true. Seriously, where do we get the cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by twotonevert:238941
    I agree with Daniel, funny but true. Seriously, where do we get the cookies?
    They are in the kitchen. Inside the tupperware, the same tupperware your glock came in. :)

And wow are navy guys touchy.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast