357 for EDC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 357 for EDC

357 for EDC

I would like to know what is the thoughts on carrying 357 for EDC. I have several handguns. An SR9c, LC9, LCP, and a Glock 27. Recently I began carrying my SP101 Hammerless for EDC. What do you guys think about 357 for EDC. Thanks!!!
    I will look towards the hills from whense cometh my help. All my help cometh from the Lord.

Glock 33 would make a nice carry piece, IMHO.

I'm also interested in this. I have a sw640 and keep 38 +p in it bevause I've been told the 357 was more of a liability and I imsgine muzzle flash is a bit much for quick follow up in the dark.

357 is an excellent choice for EDC.... The only downside in my opinion is the limit on rounds available before reloading.... (I have been known to carry 2 5-shot snubby's for new york reloads, lol)...

All boils down to what YOU want/like, it is always a personal choice....

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Glock 33 would make a nice carry piece, IMHO.
    Carried one for years. Nice compact package. 2 problems I had with the 33 that combine to make a single problem (for me): length of grip and the .357sig cartridge.

I went with the .357sig since all I knew up to the point I went with an auto loader was the .357 magnum and the .38 special. Since the .357sig and the .357 magnum have similar ballistic characteristics I figured the 33 would be a good substitute. What I didn't take into consideration was the inherent muzzle flash and recoil of the .357.

The combination of the kick of the .357 and the short grip made natural second shot target acquisition damned near impossible for me.

But all that having been said. I agree the .357Sig in a very formidable cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I would like to know what is the thoughts on carrying 357 for EDC. I have several handguns. An SR9c, LC9, LCP, and a Glock 27. Recently I began carrying my SP101 Hammerless for EDC. What do you guys think about 357 for EDC. Thanks!!!
    When you say '357' are you referring to a .357 magnum revolver, a .357 magnum auto loader or the .357Sig cartridge? It does make a difference.

Not knowing the SP101, I assume this is a .357Sig?

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    When you say '357' are you referring to a .357 magnum revolver, a .357 magnum auto loader or the .357Sig cartridge? It does make a difference.

Not knowing the SP101, I assume this is a .357Sig?
    Ruger SP101 Hammerless Mag. It shoots 357 mag as well as 38
    I will look towards the hills from whense cometh my help. All my help cometh from the Lord.

9. .357 is a very nice round. I carry my model 36 on occasion.(38 special). Glocks are known to put gaping holes in legs.
    Last edited by wooddoctor; 10-19-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: govenment school
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

I frequently carry a .357 LCR. Nice weapon.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

The first handgun I purchased and carried when I turned 21 was a Taurus 669 in stainless with a 4" barrel. Nothing wrong with the .357 at all for EDC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast