Carry when skiing - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry when skiing

About five years ago, I was skiing at Purgatory Ski Area, now Durango Mountain Resort, and rode on a chairlift with a guy wearing a jacket that said Deputy Sheriff on his back. I asked him where his badge was. He said, "in my pocket with the rest of my hardware." I took that to mean that he had his firearm in one of his pockets. I didn't pursue it any further. He was a nice guy.
    Charlie

3. I blame Obama too. I was like Mr president I would like to go back to work now but he's like oh don't be silly ill sign another extension for you. How's 500 a week until January 3rd sound?

4. I carried one time skiing in Utah I have two permits Ohio/Utah and I wanted to be safe in the mountains just in case.

Just ridiculous dude you need help!!!

Get off your hump and get another job bum!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:237315
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Maxpedition sitka for me

Need something bigger, they have it. Works great for snowboarding.
    Good find. I am going to officially "like" your post for the (probably) first time ever haha.
    Im actually a snowboarder too btw.
    Aw thanks lol I actually have a modular system with the Versipack jumbo, sitka, and an Oakley bag depending on the level of gear I want to take wherever I decide to go. When boarding it's only the sitka with my custom leather holster I made for the Velcro pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Aw thanks lol I actually have a modular system with the Versipack jumbo, sitka, and an Oakley bag depending on the level of gear I want to take wherever I decide to go. When boarding it's only the sitka with my custom leather holster I made for the Velcro pocket.
    Good ideas. I was also thinking about buying a Camelback to put it in. I guess I'll see what I like once we actually get some snow around here.

Ihave a holster similar to the one you're talking about I carry my Taurus 44mag in it when riding on my quad. I bought it used from a local gun shop. The pistol fits right across the chest and is easy to draw from.

While I have never been in a situation where I needed my gun while skiing, I can imagine a few cases where it might come in handy. I have encountered several large mammals on the trails, which luckily did not decide I was a threat (or particularly tasty looking). I would imagine this is even more likely when cross-country skiing as opposed to downhill, and also out west or up in Alaska. If you would consider bring the gun when you go on a hike, than perhaps you should consider bringing it skiing.

Maybe we need to have a CCW Biathlon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast