Carry when skiing - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carry when skiing

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Since I am assuming that you are not stationed on the ice planet Hoth and I have never heard of any shootouts at the skilift what is your main concern? Yeti attacks? I am not meaning to diss you here ... ;-)
    Lol my main concerns are: 1. I like my gun, and I want to keep it with me because I like it :) 2. A bear, mountain lion, or mountain hippie could always attack at any moment, plus I have to go through the city during my trip, and I also utilize a bus, so its not only carrying on the mountain, its carrying to and from as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Actually I havn't been skiing in quite a few years but I always left my gun in the boat while I was skiing. I figured that if I was going to need it I would have to let go of the rope and it would get wet and probably cause some problems. But I suppose out there in the middle of the lake you are an open target but I still would leave my gun in the boat and just take my chances. ;)
    We are talking about snow, not water partner!

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    I'm not a skier, but I'd be worried about retention if I went down. Losing my gun in the snow would REALLY ruin my day. Or worse, having it go skittering down the slope right into the hands of some snow hippie who chose that day to become an enormous pain in my a$$.

Sorry. I'd suggest a fannypack.
    Agreed, that would be a sad sad day if the gun went missing, thats why Im looking for a good way to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Lol my main concerns are: 1. I like my gun, and I want to keep it with me because I like it :) 2. A bear, mountain lion, or mountain hippie could always attack at any moment, plus I have to go through the city during my trip, and I also utilize a bus, so its not only carrying on the mountain, its carrying to and from as well.

Agreed, that would be a sad sad day if the gun went missing, thats why Im looking for a good way to carry.
    Ahhhhh! That makes a difference. You should have said so to start with. We don't do a lot of snow skiing around here but a lot of water skiing.

LOL and just funning ya.

I was gonna say the same thing Fn1910, us people hea ! in sunny South Carolina don't know nuttin bout no snow BUT got some great swim'n holes

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post

I did have a feeling your concern might be heading in the direction of travelling to the place, that does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    No, dude! We can't keep track of when you pizza and when you french-fry, or when the hot-shot ********* skier takes your girl if your suppose to race him the first time, or if your suppose to train first then beat him on the really difficult slope so you can save the dorky but hot girl's youth center. Skiing sucks!
    Stan always has a way with words.

Hey n4, in keeping with being sure we cover EVERY conceivable human activity and the ability to CC, whatchagotinmind for the swimmin hole? I am at the point now where I believe threads have been written on just about every conceivable human activity and associated CC. The one activity that no one has covered, however, is the naughty bedroom fun and games--is there a limit to our forum members' needs and ingenuity?

Never even heard of a person being attacked on a ski slope.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey n4, whatchagotinmind for the swimmin hole?
    Is that an LC9 in your bathing suit or are you just glad to see me?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

For me, carrying a firearm while snow boarding is not just for self defense. It's a survival tool in case something bad happens. Ie: avalanche, getting lost.

I don't carry a shovel to plant flowers while I board either. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Never even heard of a person being attacked on a ski slope.
    I never heard of people being shot to death at a hair salon until it happened a few weeks ago. I also never heard of planes flying into giant world trade center towers until that happened. Going off your logic, I assume you only carry a gun in places that have had bad things happen, and that doesnt make any sense at all does it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast