Carry when skiing
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Carry when skiing

  1. #1

    Carry when skiing

    Does anybody else carry while skiing? I got a nice vertical shoulder holster that I want to try carrying with next time I ski.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Not sure how ANY holster will feel if you end up tumbling head over heels down a mountain side getting every inch of your body pounded.

    I wore a hip holster when hiking and had an incident that involved not quite a mountainside slide. Took most of the evening to clean up the aftermath. Still have the scar on my hip and my pride. :-/ Won't wear it that way again when the possibility of a fall is present.

    I've never tried one, but you might want to look into a chest holster. Like the WWII tankers wore. It's like a shoulder harness that adjusts enough to hoist the holster to your chest area. If you fall and tuck your arms in you'll cushion the holster and your chest vitals.

    Just a thought.

  4. Yeah I could see the need to pack while skiing. There might be some snipers pecking at you from a helicopter and if Bruce Willis isn't there to save you, you better be packing!

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Yeah I could see the need to pack while skiing. There might be some snipers pecking at you from a helicopter and if Bruce Willis isn't there to save you, you better be packing!
    Lol I wasnt thinking quite along those lines but lets just assume we are following a "Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" mentality. Otherwise we could go on all day making fun of where people carry.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Not sure how ANY holster will feel if you end up tumbling head over heels down a mountain side getting every inch of your body pounded.

    I wore a hip holster when hiking and had an incident that involved not quite a mountainside slide. Took most of the evening to clean up the aftermath. Still have the scar on my hip and my pride. :-/ Won't wear it that way again when the possibility of a fall is present.

    I've never tried one, but you might want to look into a chest holster. Like the WWII tankers wore. It's like a shoulder harness that adjusts enough to hoist the holster to your chest area. If you fall and tuck your arms in you'll cushion the holster and your chest vitals.

    Just a thought.
    Good ideas, thanks for you input.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Maxpedition sitka for me

    Need something bigger, they have it. Works great for snowboarding.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Maxpedition sitka for me

    Need something bigger, they have it. Works great for snowboarding.
    Good find. I am going to officially "like" your post for the (probably) first time ever haha.
    Im actually a snowboarder too btw.

  9. #8
    Skiing is the last place I would have thought of carrying but I could see coming back to the cabin after an exhausting day of hitting the slopes and finding an intruder in there, so it would be a good idea. I carry whenever it is legal to do so.

  10. You didn't think a post was gonna go untrolled did you?! Ha! What else am I supposed to do on unemployment, Dr Phil is over and Obama is already in office!

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    You didn't think a post was gonna go untrolled did you?! Ha! What else am I supposed to do on unemployment, Dr Phil is over and Obama is already in office!
    Lol being trolled on the 2nd comment felt a little too early in the thread, but then again, I think its a good way to measure our unemployment rate. When unemployment is low, threads wont be trolled on until later because everyone is busy. When unemployment is high, posts are trolled on instantly. Therefore, I blame Obama for your troll.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast