What do you do when your digital safe doesn't open anymore? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when your digital safe doesn't open anymore?

the safe should have came with a key. Remove the battery cover / turn key pad. Should have key slot in there.

3. That's why I don't trust electronics. Too many things that can go wrong, plus, continuing expenses in the form of batteries. Simpler is better.

Interesting. Thanks for the link, now I know how to open mine. Its been stuck closed for a couple years now. It didn't really matter as it contained only family heirlooms and it was still protecting them right? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg:238629
    That's why I don't trust electronics. Too many things that can go wrong, plus, continuing expenses in the form of batteries. Simpler is better.
    Well to be fair, it was the mechanical part that failed wasn't it?

To the OP, if your hearing the hum, the electric motors are working, its the MECHANICAL part that isn't.

6. Thanks to everyone for your input. I tried a few civilized solutions, then I went Caveman, with crowbar. Problem solved.
    -Kevin

Ironworkers always fix stuff with a sledge hammer and a torch. Looks like you used the same type of method :)

8. Never buy a combination safe without a backup key. Sooner or later all batteries die. I have two gun safes and have had to use the key to get into each one at least twice in the last five years. Better luck next time.

Any safe that uses batteries that I know of has the batteries mounted outside the safe for replacement or a set of terminals to touch a 9vdc battery to. The combo is not lost because of dead batteries.

KK

Well the OP solved his problem with a crowbar. To those who may want to re-use the safe...

My Honeywell and Sentry safes with digital combo all have a rubber plug on the front panel that when removed reveal a key hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    Well the OP solved his problem with a crowbar. To those who may want to re-use the safe...

My Honeywell and Sentry safes with digital combo all have a rubber plug on the front panel that when removed reveal a key hole.
    The OP informed us that his did NOT have a key hole... But I bet his next one will... (if he trusts electronic ones anymore)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast