What do you do when your digital safe doesn't open anymore? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do when your digital safe doesn't open anymore?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    THAT is why I've stayed away from digital, finger print access or any other elecrical/electronic safe or lock boxes. Crap happens and mechanical will alway's outlast "fancy schmancy" any day! Combo locks may not be as pretty, but they are dependable. ...I won't compare pretty guns to ugly guns as they relate to dependability, ammo finickyness, etc here, but the analogy is sweet and it would be fun! hehe
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Any safe that uses batteries that I know of has the batteries mounted outside the safe for replacement or a set of terminals to touch a 9vdc battery to. The combo is not lost because of dead batteries.

KK
    Both of mine have neither of those, but they DO have a back-up key slot.....

Thank you warbird: I read the title of the thread and I understand the intent of the author but REALLY? They are called locksmiths for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry:239574
    Thank you warbird: I read the title of the thread and I understand the intent of the author but REALLY? They are called locksmiths for a reason.
    The safe I just bought comes with a warranty that if my electronic lock fails or if a burglar/fire destroy my keypad they will get me into it and then replace it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but I think that being a locksmith involves knowing how to defeat all kinds of locks.

Sentry should have a template you can place on the safe and that will show you where to drill.
    If you can get them to give it to you.

My new Liberty safe has a combination electrical/mechanical lock. Normal keypad but no solenoid. You turn a knob to move the lockpin out of the works. It is SUPPOSED to be as robust as mechanical dials.

-Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123