Which way is right? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which way is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Thanks for proving my original point that this was a loaded, passive aggressive question.
    Dude, get over yourself ..... and next time, try not to use words that contradict themselves right next to each other, it makes you look quite ignorant...

Ever since I joined this site a couple of years ago I've found it a bit disturbing to see the handful of people here who're just dying to shoot someone. This thread and a couple of posts whithin it are a perfect example. I'm convinced there are a few people here who's sole reason for carrying is so they can one day live out some sick fantasy that involves gunning someone down.

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to legally possess firearms.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:238773
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Thanks for proving my original point that this was a loaded, passive aggressive question.
    Dude, get over yourself ..... and next time, try not to use words that contradict themselves right next to each other, it makes you look quite ignorant...
    How about you take a little time out between posts to calm yourself?

Find out what passive aggressive means before you call him ignorant.

Would have just said no but needed a longer answer to post. NO

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Ever since I joined this site a couple of years ago I've found it a bit disturbing to see the handful of people here who're just dying to shoot someone. This thread and a couple of posts whithin it are a perfect example. I'm convinced there are a few people here who's sole reason for carrying is so they can one day live out some sick fantasy that involves gunning someone down.
    We call those types Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    We call those types Sheepdogs.
    No.....at least a sheepdog has good intentions. The people I'm referring to hope and pray each time they leave the house that somebody will give them just the slightest (possibly) legal provocation for them to start blasting. In previous threads some have even spoken about purposely instigating or escalating a situation so that they may be somehow justified in drawing their gun and using it. Those people have some serious mental and emotional issues.

As for myself, and many others on this site, since I started carrying I'm far more likely to turn and walk away. The last thing I want is to find myself in a position where I have to defend myself with one of my guns.

Example: Several weeks ago while leaving a college football game with a friend, I was driving and we had an encounter while trying to pull out of the parking lot. My friend (a non-carrier) began to jaw with the other driver and things began to quickly escalate. I made it very clear to my friend that he needed to shut his mouth immediately and just let it go. He said words to the effect of "Oh, you're armed, aren't you?". Yup. Sure am. He then understood the wisdom of "letting it go" for the benefit of everyone - especially the guy in the other car.

Ahhh, my bad, the correct term would be "internet rambos".

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Ahhh, my bad, the correct term would be "internet rambos".
    Or "rabid wolves" if you want to keep the canine theme going.

Most (if not all) Laws concerning self defence has language that alludes to when the BG "calls it quits". As far as you are concerned, it IS over. You pursue the matter any further and YOU will be the BG.

(On the other hand.... it has been said that dead men tell no tales. Nor do their Lawyers.) (OK, that's a "gallows humor" joke. Like the age old Marine battle cry.... "NO PRISONERS!"*) LOL!

GG

* Actually pirated from the movie "Animal House".
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

B2Tall: I refer to my weapons as the Life Insurance Policies I hope I never have to cash in on.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast