Which way is right? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which way is right?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Or "rabid wolves" if you want to keep the canine theme going.
    Or "Wabbid Wolves" if one wishes to keep the comedy effect intact. (N'YAH, What's up Doc? Lose your "badge"?)

LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

As for the "brandishing" countercharge..... it COULD happen, if the BG ever comes to trial and you are called for the Prosecution. (It is a given that Lawyers will lie through their teeth for their clients, under the guise of giving the best defence possible..... blah blah.)

Chances ARE however, that if you "brandish" and chase the BG off, you will never see him again. First because he certainly isn't going to hotfoot over to the nearest Police Station to file a complaint, and, second, because he certainly isn't likely to try to "target" you any further. (Once burned, twice shy.)

Like anything in an unending universe.... anything is possible, even likely given the huge numbers of probabilities in the universe combined. What you do is simply consider the odds of that improbability ever happening to you. Given that you absolutely cannot indemnify yourself against all possible happenstances.

You pays your money and takes your chances. Like all of life... there ain't no such thing as a sure bet.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I would like to thank all of those who took the time to answer my simple question....

My purpose of asking was that I seemed to be nearly the only one on the other threads to take a would-be murderer to task... Just wanted to make sure that there were other sane people on here is all..... (not that agreeing with me, with my "reputation" around here is something you would cherish, lol)

Thank you again for restoring my faith in this forum as a place where most can come to get the truth....

For the select few who responded but couldnt comprehend what was written, and decided to expose their ignorance... what can I say? Should I thank you for an un-warrented, un-welcomed, Un-correct diagnosis? I think not.....

If I had my SW9VE in my hand, the perp would have a better chance of living if I noticed he had decided to flee. This gun had a very stiff, long pull.

If I had my Colt .380 in my hand.. well, it has a very soft short trigger and I can unload it faster than two shots from the 9mm.

This thread should have been titled "Trying to find a way to shoot somebody and get away with it. Who's with me!?"

Or maybe "Who here besides me fantasizes about blowing somebody's head off?? Just wondering."
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

It should have been titled "I didn't get my way on the other thread so I will try again here to make myself feel better"

If your attacker disengages you must let him go unless doing so poses a grave threat to others.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    This thread should have been titled "Trying to find a way to shoot somebody and get away with it. Who's with me!?"

Or maybe "Who here besides me fantasizes about blowing somebody's head off?? Just wondering."
    B2tall... are you actually this dense and unable to comprehend written English? Because this thread is actually about the exact opposite of what you just claimed it to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    It should have been titled "I didn't get my way on the other thread so I will try again here to make myself feel better"
    Yet another foolish answer, thank you for showing who you really are... and for contributing such wisdom to the subject at hand... I dont know what we would do without those like you...

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:239214
    If your attacker disengages you must let him go unless doing so poses a grave threat to others.
    Is it your responsibility to protect others? I agree if you can't tell if he is retreating or going for a different weapon, he is still a threat to you, in which case it's still self defense. But if he is retreating, and you know he is no longer a threat to you, but may be a threat to others, it's no longer your responsibility.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234