Which way is right?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Which way is right?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109

    Which way is right?

    I have a very simple question that needs an answer.... (I actually already know the legal/moral answer, I just want to know what others here would do)


    Here is the scenario:

    You have been attacked (you did not provoke it) and it comes to the point where YOU have decided that YOUR LIFE is in ACTUAL danger. So, being a CCW person who is armed in this situation, what would YOU do if, In the process of you unholstering/drawing, and aiming your weapon, the attacker has decided that today is not a good day to be shot/killed and has therefore (and quite obviously to you) ended his attack. Do you ....

    A. Shoot the former attacker?

    or

    B. NOT shoot the former attacker?

    Further discussion about the scenario is not needed, only a simple yes I would shoot or no I wouldnt shoot is sufficient...


    Thank you.

  2.   
  3. #2
    So you are asking people if they want to commit homicide? Don't all states say that once the threat is gone it is no longer defense?

    This seems to be carryover from the brandishing thread to try to prove a point.

  4. #3
    I'm wondering why you even wasted space posting this question. Are you just trying to weed out the idiots or do you really need this question answered for your own information, because you don't really know the answer?

    KK

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    I'm wondering why you even wasted space posting this question. Are you just trying to weed out the idiots or do you really need this question answered for your own information, because you don't really know the answer?

    KK
    Did you actually read the post? It sure doesnt look like it to me..... Perhaps you should, then you will have the info to answer your own questions...

  6. #5
    I have heard that people have been told by LEO and/or Lawyers to do such things as empty your magazine into the perpetrator to make it look like you were in a panic and if you shoot someone on your lawn to drag them into the house to enhance castle doctrine.

    Of course, the right thing to do is to not shoot and call the police right away. Anytime you draw your gun, you want to be the FIRST one to call 911.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Many, MAny, MANY years ago, I pulled the trigger of a retreating individual who had broken into our home and WHIPPED my butt when I tried to stop him.

    After, he beat me to near unconsciousness he continued to ransack and steal things in our home. I managed to grab my gun and get to my feet. Once he saw I was about to shoot him he ran. I pulled the trigger anyway. In all the commotion I forgot to release the "safety". By the time I realized my mistake, he was out of range & gone. (I understand "HOW" adrenaline can take over your actions. However, to this day I am thankful that I didn't shoot a fleeing man!)

    A few years later I got into an altercation where I was jumped by four men after a date with my GF. By the time I was able to gain enough control & make my escape, I thought I may have killed one of the BGs. (To this day, I'm glad I only maimed him.)

    Even though I was in the "RIGHT" to use deadly force, the belief that I had taken another persons life was almost to much to handle. (Not to mention the time I had to spend in court over the next few months)

    Don't get me wrong; I would use deadly force in an instant "IF" I felt the need. However, it wold be the ABSOLUTE last thing I would want to do.


    -

  8. Here is my response:

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I have a very simple question that needs an answer.... (I actually already know the legal/moral answer, I just want to know what others here would do)
    This comes across as a loaded passive aggressive question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Here is the scenario:

    You have been attacked (you did not provoke it) and it comes to the point where YOU have decided that YOUR LIFE is in ACTUAL danger. So, being a CCW person who is armed in this situation, what would YOU do if, In the process of you unholstering/drawing, and aiming your weapon, the attacker has decided that today is not a good day to be shot/killed and has therefore (and quite obviously to you) ended his attack. Do you ....
    Again, a loaded passive aggressive question. You say that your life is in danger, yet it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    A. Shoot the former attacker?
    Shoot a former attacker? You just committed murder, possibly manslaughter if you hire a good lawyer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    or

    B. NOT shoot the former attacker?
    You mean not shoot someone that isn't a threat? I thought you said that person you have decided your life was in danger? So which one is it? Because I know when my life is in danger, by satisfying all the legal requirements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Further discussion about the scenario is not needed, only a simple yes I would shoot or no I wouldnt shoot is sufficient...


    Thank you.
    So why didn't you just post a poll?

  9. #8
    Legally you KNOW you should not shoot, personally I would choose not to shoot. That being said I wonder how many including myself that would be able to shut their reflexes down quickly enough to make the decision? With adrenaline pumping it may be difficult to do.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gaston South Carolina
    Posts
    185
    I will answer with this link

    M2 Corporation then look at the M.A.D.S. and that will show my answer
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ElK Creek Kentucky
    Posts
    437

    shoot or not shoot

    I was once approached by a man with a knife, I reached back placed my hand on my gun. He got the idea and decided to move on, I called the police to let them know a
    description of the person in case he tried with someone else and to get my report in first just in case he decided to report me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast