Para Warthog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para Warthog

Talking Para Warthog

Today I took my new Warthog to the range. Ran 100 rounds through her with three FTF towards the end of the session.

I had my Kel-Tec P-11 (9mm) and decided to run a few rounds through it. It is amazing that the Kel-Tec has more kick and muzzle flip that the Warthog does..

Very pleases with the hog....Shoots great.. Grouped 1.5 inches at 25 yrds.

Think I'll polish the ramp...

I don't know why that would amaze you, the K/T is half the gun the Warthog is. I like them both but the K/T is really light to carry but a bit more punishing to shoot.

Sounds like the Warthog is pretty accurate. I was thinking about getting one. I have a P45 and I love that one.

KK

Yep the weight of the Warthog did pay off in recoil.. The only issue I see with the Kel-Tech is the trigger is tuff on the trigger finger.....The pull does not bother me..I can not describe it.. Maybe I should put the wider trigger shoe on the gun.
    I picked up a uplula loader and have to say that is a great product..

NCIC105,
    I suggest that you smear some powdered graphite on the feed ramp, instead of polishing it. There have been many firearms ruined by people polishing the ramp.
    Charlie

6. Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    NCIC105,
    I suggest that you smear some powdered graphite on the feed ramp, instead of polishing it. There have been many firearms ruined by people polishing the ramp.

Can you explain the difference? Will the graphite reduce the amount of carbon build up on the ramp during the session?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    NCIC105,
    Most people confuse grinding with polishing

Have not tried the graphite before.
    The polishing involves car wax and soft dremel tip on your dremel tool.
    Not enough to change the angle.
    Just smooth it up.

My friend has broken and had to get his worthog replace 3 times... That 45 is a lot for that little frame...i forget what actually kept breaking... Just make sure to inspect n clean it after the range.., you don't want your carry gun to be noneffective

My pistol from Para came from the factory with several problems that made it an expensive single shot pistol. It averaged 3-5% FTF malfunctions.

1.Out of round chamber
    2.Ramp angle at edge of tolerance.
    3.Barrel angle/height mismatch.
    4.Frame rubbing where it should not.
    5.Link outside tolerance.

A trip to the factory did not get anything fixed.

It took $400 of custom work to get these problems solved.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Have not tried the graphite before.
    The polishing involves car wax and soft dremel tip on your dremel tool.
    Not enough to change the angle.
    Just smooth it up.
    I bought a used Kimber Pro Carry II about five years ago. It fired FMJ rounds just fine, but almost every JHP round jammed against the feed ramp. I sent it back to Kimber.... twice. They said that the feed ramp had been worked on improperly, they couldn't repair it, and offered to replace the frame for $350. I solved the problem by rubbing powdered graphite on the ramp...never got another jam after that...even with JHP rounds.
    Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast