Range Rules - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Rules

Well, it must be another affect of being in California. One more reason to add to my list of reasons to live elsewhere, when the time is right.

The range signs that really irk me are these: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED, NO EXCEPTIONS. I got an indoor range and gun shop in Albuquerque to change their sign that said that when I pointed out that it means that I can't come into their shop with an unloaded gun. They meant, of course, that all guns are TO BE TREATED AS LOADED. But I pointed out that it does NOT say that. They changed it.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK:240152
    The range signs that really irk me are these: ALL FIREARMS ARE LOADED, NO EXCEPTIONS. I got an indoor range and gun shop in Albuquerque to change their sign that said that when I pointed out that it means that I can't come into their shop with an unloaded gun. They meant, of course, that all guns are TO BE TREATED AS LOADED. But I pointed out that it does NOT say that. They changed it.
    You should treat all firearms as if they were loaded. Its a gun way to keep from shooting yourself or someone else! To correct spelling --- Its a "Good" way!

The only time I have seen this become an issue at our range is during competition. (And I agree with it as it is a huge safety issue.) If you are out there shooting by yourself or one or two other people, there has never been a problem.

Psalm 82:3-5

At the county range that I go to on occasion, they're very strict. There are big, highly visible signs all over the place that state very clearly that no loaded weapons are permitted until you're at the firing line. All weapons are inspected by range officers when the shooter arrives (no, the don't pat you down for CC pistols) and anyone found with a hot firearm will be told to leave. I've seen it happen 3 times and the ROs tell me it occurs almost daily.

It's scary because these shooters either don't have a clue about basic firearm safety, don't care, or are just completely ignorant as to the status of their guns. I'm not sure which is worse.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I dont like others telling me how to handle my gun, so I shoot in the wilderness.
    Not to start an argument, but in my opinion, the logic behind these rules is the same logic behind the anti-gun laws. They both assume gun owners are irresponsible and that guns kill. A range officer assumes I am stupid and cant have a loaded gun behind the line just like an anti-gun liberal thinks I shouldnt have a gun, or it should stay unloaded in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:240229
    I dont like others telling me how to handle my gun, so I shoot in the wilderness.
    Not to start an argument, but in my opinion, the logic behind these rules is the same logic behind the anti-gun laws. They both assume gun owners are irresponsible and that guns kill. A range officer assumes I am stupid and cant have a loaded gun behind the line just like an anti-gun liberal thinks I shouldnt have a gun, or it should stay unloaded in my home.
    You're not starting an argument with me: you pretty much spoke my mind. I too choose to shoot with family or trusted friends in the wilderness. Only shoot on the range for a class or to requalify.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I trust myself and I'd probably trust you when it comes to firearm safety. I don't trust Joe Schmoe out there wandering around without a clue. I'd much rather be out in the sticks shooting at stumps but that option isn't available to me. As a result it's the ranges and their rules for me.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    The outdoor gun club I belong to has a "no loaded handguns allowed on site, all handguns to be unloaded and locked unless actively used in competition".

Good thing concealed means concealed, the insurance sucking twits.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Lightbulb Range rules

1- Don't shoot anyone.
    2- This includes yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast