Cmdr. Mathaniel Taylor's chest draw holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cmdr. Mathaniel Taylor's chest draw holster

Cmdr. Mathaniel Taylor's chest draw holster

Anyone who's been watching "Terra Nova" on Fox will be familiar with the chest-draw holster rig worn by the Commander of the colony, Cmdr. Nate Taylor, played by Stephen Lang. Frankly, I've never seen anything like it in the practical real world.

It looks kinda like a right-handed armpit holster that has worked its way around to the front of the ribcage. Would really not be practical for a woman, as it's right under his left breast, but if it's moved on around to the sternum, it might be doable even by someone as big as me.

My question to the USACarry community is, is this holster real and practical, or pure Hollywood BS? If real, where is it generally used?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Picture? The way you describe it is exactly how many outdoorsy people carry large revolvers and long pistols like the Encore.

They are exceedingly practicle for hunting and fishing.

-Matt

When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Looks like a "tanker" holster, worn a little bit low to avoid interference with your rifle. Very practical.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I see a lot of military personnel going to chest rigs instead of thigh. It seems practical to me, especially if you are transferring from rifle to handgun.

7. I purchased a similar rig from Bianchi many years ago for my scoped Ruger super Redhawk. Very nice holster, and very practical.

They ain't cheap, but here is the Diamond D guides choice chest holster. Guides Choice Chest Holster, Original Alaskan Holster

Looks interesting, but For me, not praticle, as I only carry concealed

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Anyone who's been watching "Terra Nova" on Fox will be familiar with the chest-draw holster rig worn by the Commander of the colony, Cmdr. Nate Taylor, played by Stephen Lang. Frankly, I've never seen anything like it in the practical real world.

It looks kinda like a right-handed armpit holster that has worked its way around to the front of the ribcage. Would really not be practical for a woman, as it's right under his left breast, but if it's moved on around to the sternum, it might be doable even by someone as big as me.

My question to the USACarry community is, is this holster real and practical, or pure Hollywood BS? If real, where is it generally used?
    Cathy: There is a holster for women that fits in front right under the breasts and is hardly noticeable from either the side or front. Women with smaller breasts might have a problem however. I can't remember the website but I do have a picture of it. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will put it on here.

Cathy-In- Blue: Two possible sources for you: C. Rusty Sherrick Custom Leather Works - Custom Concealment Holsters, the Bosom Buddy model; Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns. Just a start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast