Texas Man Refuses To Instruct Muslims in Gun Handling - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Man Refuses To Instruct Muslims in Gun Handling

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I couldn't even understand what this redneck was rambling on about
    Ah! The automatic "redneck" tag. (How "sophisticated and posh" of you.) If you are attempting to disclaim "name calling" in general, it is usually wisest not to indulge in the practice yourself.

Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

3. Do and say what the Libtards do......I felt really really uncomfortable with his mannerism and I was looking out for the safety of others. He even called me an infidel. Would you be concerned if a Muslim called you an infidel?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

TX? Teaching license? What happened to this gun-friendly state?

I teach who I want and when I want. In NYS we don't need the blessing of the state to be a recognized instructor. NRA cert is enough. This is what happens when government interferes. If I teach someone who then gets a permit and he's involved ion a shooting there is every chance I'll be named in any civil suit. The student must pass MY smell test to register.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

I teach who I want and when I want. In NYS we don't need the blessing of the state to be a recognized instructor. NRA cert is enough. This is what happens when government interferes. If I teach someone who then gets a permit and he's involved ion a shooting there is every chance I'll be named in any civil suit. The student must pass MY smell test to register.
    If they were Muslim would you automatically reject them??
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

"Smell test"??? Now that is funny...I love it!! When my husband is not with me, I wonder if I get a smell test too ?? LOL You see, I have olive skin and I look more on the Asian side than my hispanic side of the family even though I was born in a Western civilization. You know how many times I had been discriminated because of my skin colour? It used to hurt but it doesn't anymore, I've learned to live with it. Justmy thoughts. Please do not misunderstand my statement here...I really think your phrase "smell test" is funny. I will remember that....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I felt really really uncomfortable with his mannerism and I was looking out for the safety of others. He even called me an infidel. Would you be concerned if a Muslim called you an infidel?
    If I was an instructor, and a student called me "infidel" (or any word that implies the student is treating me as someone who needs punishment, such as "heretic", "heathen", or even "treasonous", "traitor", or similar non-religious words,) in an obviously-serious way, I would be concerned and refuse service.

But the vast majority of Muslims don't go around calling Christians "infidel" as a matter of course. It's the actions that are the worrying part. If the action is taken to call someone "infidel", yes, that's worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    "Smell test"??? Now that is funny...I love it!! When my husband is not with me, I wonder if I get a smell test too ?? LOL You see, I have olive skin and I look more on the Asian side than my hispanic side of the family even though I was born in a Western civilization. You know how many times I had been discriminated because of my skin colour? It used to hurt but it doesn't anymore, I've learned to live with it. Justmy thoughts. Please do not misunderstand my statement here...I really think your phrase "smell test" is funny. I will remember that....
    No offense intended. "Smell test"s akin to saying it doesn't pass the muster.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    If they were Muslim would you automatically reject them??
    No. I wouldn't know what religion they are and I don't ask. The point is that instructors assume a lot of responsibility so they should be allowed to refuse a class to anyone who they don't feel comfortable about. No one has a "right" to take my instruction.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I applaud the guy!

Despite the legal battles he may face, this guy took a stand for his country and for his personal rights as a citizen and private business owner. The founders of the Constitution never intended for a free person to be forced into doing business with anyone by government edict. And that's the way it should remain. The point of this discussion is really not whether what he did was legal. It's whether or not it SHOULD be. This guy chose to keep his country safer by refusing to train the enemy. My hat is off to him, and my prayers are with him. I also pray that those of you who have heartache over his decision will wake up before its truly too late. God bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Generally, I,m a "live and let live" kinda guy, however, the Constitution is not a suicide pact and therefore it seems reasonable to me to not arm or teach the use of arms to likely future enemies. I would cancel all visa's and disallow future visa's to muslims, and let them complain about their own countries and leave mine alone. And no acceptance of sharia or any other foreign law in American courts.
    Call it narrow minded if you like, but I'm an American nationalist, first, last, and in the middle. BTW, I married a foreign national, and she is an American citizen now.We both believe that legal residents should stay here and illegals should be deported.
    I agree completely with fudo!
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    Despite the legal battles he may face, this guy took a stand for his country and for his personal rights as a citizen and private business owner. The founders of the Constitution never intended for a free person to be forced into doing business with anyone by government edict. And that's the way it should remain. The point of this discussion is really not whether what he did was legal. It's whether or not it SHOULD be. This guy chose to keep his country safer by refusing to train the enemy. My hat is off to him, and my prayers are with him. I also pray that those of you who have heartache over his decision will wake up before its truly too late. God bless America!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!
    MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast